Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Diacom software

malc350

Corvette
1996 LT-4 Z51 CE
Hi has anyone used the Diacom software package on sale from Ecklers with their laptop? Does it give information on just the engine ECM or does it read out for the AC, ABS, CCM, FX3?

How does it compare to a Tech1?

Anyone know the difference between the Diacom and Diacom plus (more expensive version)?

Cheers

Unless they have upgraded the DIACOM, it is an aged product. It is a DOS application and basically only shows one screen of real time readings. I don't know if it can retrieve codes or not, it doesn't matter to me because it is so easy to retrieve a code from my '88 with a paper clip.

I have retrieved a number of codes and repaired a number of problems on my car using the paper clip. It actually is a rare situation when you need to see the real time values, but it does happen.

I have a Windows based product from EASE Diagnostics that I use for OBDII. If I ever need to see real time data on the Vette, I will add the OBDI module that they have that will work with the Vette. It also offers trend charts and other more modern software tools.

BTW, how much is Ecklers charging for it now?

Good luck,

Software

Larry, can you give me the name of the software you're using or any good alternatives? If you have a link to their website I'd be grateful. What sort of price did you pay. Opinion seems to be divided on the plug in scanners that you can buy so I wanted to use a computer program.

Ecklers (last time I looked) were charging over $300 for the Diacom program and $499 for the Diacom Plus. I think Mid America was about the same price.

Sounds like a ton of money or a disk and a connecting lead!

I also usually use a paper clip or simlar to retrieve codes but I want to capture some data while on the move (from my ABS that's giving me trouble).

I also want to chack a few readings (e.g. oxygen sensor) while the car is accelerating.

Cheers.

I thought I already posted this so you may see two.

You can get EASE software and find out more at www.obd2.com.

Their software is $315.

I work for a software company and TOTALLY understand why this software costs more than the cost of a cable and a disk. Software development, testing, distribution and support are EXPENSIVE. You can't deny them a profit.

Good luck,

Diagnostic software

Cheers Larry, no offence meant about the cost comment. It just looked to me that Diacom was a real old program that they were still charging top dollar for. Thanks for your help, Malc.

Malc,

No offense taken. I guess because my bread is buttered by profits from a software company, I feel it is my duty to point out what is not obvious to some people.

Good luck finding a good software package.

Have a great day,

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom