Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Diagnosing a bad side yoke

77-4speed

Corvette
1977 Black L-82 4-speed
Alright guys and gals,

I am going to have my side yokes and overall suspension looked at on Monday. How will the shop diagnose a bad side yoke? I'd hate to take it in and end up having to pay them to tear down the diff just to tell me that the yoke is bad, when I can do that with Bullits help :) The shop said they'd only charge me about $30-$40 to look the suspension and side yokes over but I'm sure that will go up if they have to get into the diff.

Thanks,

Russ

BTW, if one of the side yokes is bad, do I have to replace both (like calipers)?

Hey Russ, I didn't want to get you too worked up about this, but the potential for diagnosis costs could get out of hand. Just imagine your car being up on a lift and you show up with everything torn down and big $$$ bill. I just thought it was fair to bring it up.

As long as the other yoke doesn't have excess play and the c-clip is installed, you should only have to do one side. Whatever you're going to do, just let me know if I can help. I never make plans for anything and unless an emergency comes up, I'll be available most weekends.

--Bullitt

Bullitt,

I really do appreciate your consideration. If and when I need to do the work I'll be sure to call. By the way, whatcha drinkin' :)

Russ

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom