Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

DIC codes P1571 & C1277

1KLRTOY

Corvette
2001 torch red vert.
My 01 is showing the dreaded Service traction and active handling can anyone tell me what might be the cause,could it be the abs module??:confused

Here is the deal. I would check the two ground plugs behind each of the headlights for corrosion. These plugs have 6 wires and attach to the frame with one bolt. Undo the bolt and pull the male end out of the bottom of the plug. If you see green corrosion on the pins, use a wire brush and clean them off and reinstall. You can use some WD-40 on the pins to keep moisture out. The service traction control code should not reoccur. When left unchecked, it may reappear and also give you a reduced engine power in the DIC and you will have to pull over and wait a few minutes. Erase the code after your done.

Here is the deal. I would check the two ground plugs behind each of the headlights for corrosion. These plugs have 6 wires and attach to the frame with one bolt. Undo the bolt and pull the male end out of the bottom of the plug. If you see green corrosion on the pins, use a wire brush and clean them off and reinstall. You can use some WD-40 on the pins to keep moisture out. The service traction control code should not reoccur. When left unchecked, it may reappear and also give you a reduced engine power in the DIC and you will have to pull over and wait a few minutes. Erase the code after your done.
Thank you Todd for you reply. I have in fact have checked the grounds, I've taken the 4 under the hood loose used a dremel w/a wire wheel to clean the frame, used a dielectric compound along with a toothed washer torqued them to 70 lbs in and even cut the connector off on the drivers side and soldered them to a lug. I did not cut the pass side because the wires are very hard to strip and solder, I did clean the connector on the pass side but it looked clean as they all did. The codes remain and only show up every 6-8 cycles and can be cleared but remain as history codes. I also show a BCM 0432 & SDM 1040 I don't know if there related. I had the same problem about 3 yrs ago and the dealer replaced the EBCM module and that fixed it, so maybe a call to the abs fixer is in order. If you have any other ideas let me know, thx again. :)

As far as I can tell the BCM 0432 is your rear defog circuit relay and the SDM U1040 is a loss of communication with the TCS traction control system. If you had your battery disconnected, or PCM fuse pulled, you may produce this SDM code.
I would check the rear defog for proper operation and try to clear any residual codes.

Thank you Todd for you reply. I have in fact have checked the grounds, I've taken the 4 under the hood loose used a dremel w/a wire wheel to clean the frame, used a dielectric compound along with a toothed washer torqued them to 70 lbs in and even cut the connector off on the drivers side and soldered them to a lug. I did not cut the pass side because the wires are very hard to strip and solder, I did clean the connector on the pass side but it looked clean as they all did. The codes remain and only show up every 6-8 cycles and can be cleared but remain as history codes. I also show a BCM 0432 & SDM 1040 I don't know if there related. I had the same problem about 3 yrs ago and the dealer replaced the EBCM module and that fixed it, so maybe a call to the abs fixer is in order. If you have any other ideas let me know, thx again. :)

A "dielectric" is, by definition, an INSULATOR. There are compounds that are CONDUCTIVE that would be better suited to protect electrical connections such as you described.

Just my 2 cents......

Ken

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom