Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Differential and Rear Spring Removal?

fine69

Corvette
'69 Convertible Vette; '72 Z28 Camaro Rally Sport
Does anyone have suggestions on how to remove the differential and rear spring while the body is off the frame?

I understand that without the weight of the body, it could make the process somewhat challenging. I'm a bit confused.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Ralph

Does anyone have suggestions on how to remove the differential and rear spring while the body is off the frame?

I understand that without the weight of the body, it could make the process somewhat challenging. I'm a bit confused.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Ralph

Put a floor jack on top of the frame, and wrap a chain in a loop around the jack and under the rear spring; pump up the jack, and it'll raise the spring so you can remove the spring end link bolts. Then you can remove the spring, then the diff from the crossmember or as a unit with the crossmember.

:beer

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Ralph

Ask someone to sit on the frame while jacking up the spring. I used my brother in law while changing the rear, and my wife for the front. :D

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom