Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

digital display

billd

Corvette
2001 red convertible, 1985 wht
I was in this website some time ago and saw how someone converted thier digital display to an analog display with gauges. Does anyone know or remember who did that and where they posted the how to on it?

I would like to try it on my 84

billd said:
I was in this website some time ago and saw how someone converted thier digital display to an analog display with gauges. Does anyone know or remember who did that and where they posted the how to on it?

I would like to try it on my 84
You're crazy man, those digital gauges are one of my favorite things about my '84.

How long have you had it (the '84)? Dash repairs get expensive real quick. ;)

:nono:nonoOK..I'll say it, and I'm sure there will be opposing opinions...
The C4 is a beautiful design. It is both atheletic and "stacked " where it counts.
With very few exceptions, any attempt to change the look usually ends up lookinglike a an expensive street whore.
The digital dash, though sometimes troublesome, is part of the asthetic beauty of the car. Fix it! Its part of the reason you bought the car.
All those extranious body parts like spoilers, ground effects and crap like thatreally cheapins the look as well as lessens the heritage factor.
Nice paint , sharp wheels, snazzy pipes are all you need!
OK; I'm done with my rant.

Yeah..I guess so..
I've owned a '62 , "78 and my '87. (2 kids in college, so forget a new one for awhile)
so I guess I'm a snob?1

Sorry but I agree with SPYYSEE, While im not a purist,I think the hassle of changing all the gauges, AND getting EYERYTHING WORKING CORRECTLY is simply NOT worth the hassle!!! Yank the stock dash, take to your local Chevy dealer, they can send it to be rebuilt. In my area the cost is around $250 AND you get a warrantee How can yor beat that!!!!!!!!!!

I like my dig. too but Ken i checked your Auto Meters awhile back and they look awesome ! you did a nice job on that dash...:cool

Thanks Bob. It obviously isn't finished yet, but when I do finish it I'll be sure to be postin' pictures. ;)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom