Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Digital gauges not working

Eddie tee

Corvette
1994 YELLOW
Just got through taking out the cluster and putting it back in. Spent a while on it since i'm no mechanic.After spraying the male and female contact pionts with Q D Electronic Cleaner, Digital gauges still not working!:bang Is there a fuse that can stop the Gauges from working or should I use the electronic spray on one of the connector's under the hood?

The Gauges show as following. "Coolant oF"
"Oil Temp.oF"
"Volts ----"

Thanks Eddie Tee :)

Just got through taking out the cluster and putting it back in. Spent a while on it since i'm no mechanic.After spraying the male and female contact pionts with Q D Electronic Cleaner, Digital gauges still not working!:bang Is there a fuse that can stop the Gauges from working or should I use the electronic spray on one of the connector's under the hood?

The Gauges show as following. "Coolant oF"
"Oil Temp.oF"
"Volts ----"

Thanks Eddie Tee :)

GM Field Service Manual and a good multi-meter should get you to a diagnosis. For now check for power to the cluster and a good ground. You got the right idea making sure the connections are good and clean. If I had to guess you may have a bad part of your cluster, but that is just a guess, you need to diagnosis it. Otherwise, your just parts shotgunning it and that NEVER WORKS or is a good idea.

Does the analog part of your cluster work? The actual gauges, do they read ok?

Yes the analogs work fine ,except for the temp gauge it runs way to high. Had the sensor replaced, but didn't fix that problem either. :)
Eddie

I have a FSM for my 93, not sure if it is a help to you, as they did redesign the interior some for 94. MY book says to check for codes 26, 27, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 or 37 in the CCM. IF none are set it says to check for an open in the ground circuit for the cluster. Hope this helps some.

As for your inaccurate temp gauge, if you replaced the sensor, the only other listed things it could be are a poor connection or high resistance on circuit 35. IF not that then you need a cluster.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom