Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: DIPSTICK TUBE SEALS

HammerZR1

Corvette
1991 ZR-1 Red/Blk #473 (Sold 6/13)
Jerry Downey has made available (if certain quantities are met) the dipstick tube seals for our cars. As most probably know these are NLA from GM and only one source has them available at over $40 apiece shipped. If you are interested in one or a few , hit the thread below and tell him how many you want. We can get this done.<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
http://zr1netregistry.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6685&page=4

The pricing from the thread is below for your use:
The final quote I was waiting on came in. Relative to the other quotes, it great, otherwise, it sucks. This is a $5.00 part but being small actually makes it more expensive to produce. At the same time, I had a similar part quoted for the 405 Hp engines that is about 5 times bigger & it's less expensive to produce.

Here's what it is: All domestic shipping is $5.00/shipment, 1 or 100 seals

If I can pre-sell 145, the price is $17.50ea + shipping

If I can pre-sell 70, the price is $22.50ea + shipping

All depends on quantity. BTW, there is no "in-between" pricing , have to reach 145 to get the lower price.

Delivery time from order is appx 18 working days or almost a month.

I'm sure you guys will let me know what you think. Just don't shoot me though, I'm just the messenger.

Jerry Downey has made available (if certain quantities are met) the dipstick tube seals for our cars. As most probably know these are NLA from GM and only one source has them available at over $40 apiece shipped. If you are interested in one or a few , hit the thread below and tell him how many you want. We can get this done.<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
http://zr1netregistry.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6685&page=4

The pricing from the thread is below for your use:
The final quote I was waiting on came in. Relative to the other quotes, it great, otherwise, it sucks. This is a $5.00 part but being small actually makes it more expensive to produce. At the same time, I had a similar part quoted for the 405 Hp engines that is about 5 times bigger & it's less expensive to produce.

Here's what it is: All domestic shipping is $5.00/shipment, 1 or 100 seals

If I can pre-sell 145, the price is $17.50ea + shipping

If I can pre-sell 70, the price is $22.50ea + shipping

All depends on quantity. BTW, there is no "in-between" pricing , have to reach 145 to get the lower price.

Delivery time from order is appx 18 working days or almost a month.

I'm sure you guys will let me know what you think. Just don't shoot me though, I'm just the messenger.

Jerry has lowered the initial quantity to 65, so we are only 6 away from the first order now. Go to the Registry and sign up for 1 or 2 so we can get this done. You will all need one sooner or later.
Thanks

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom