Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Dissed by NCM!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Corvette
1973 L-48 Coupe
When i visited in june they we nice enough to show me around the corporate offices...it was slow and the guy was nice to us...made us feel special in a special place...i mentioned that i had a press release kit from the grand opening...givin to the manager of motor trend magazine...and he told me that the museum was having a anniversary and would i be willing to loan it to them for display...what an honor! no problem-o , i sent it to a lady named betty and i waited to hear back....and waited and waited...now the celebration is past and i have sent e-mails and left phone messages asking for my personal things back...nothing ...no reply at all...im swiftly loosing my respect for the person or persons that have my things...is this how they would treat me if i loaned them my Corvette for display in the big yellow dome? i understand the need for loaning things for display but i havent heard from them and its a one time thing to have what i have in the pristeen condition it was in...sorry to rant, im not giving up.i want it back and i want it soon.
-Chas

Chas,

Contact Wendell Strode, Director of the NCM... here is his email address:
strode@corvettemuseum.com

Good Luck recovering your documentation..

Bud

Thanks Bud,

I will try him today....Im sure its an oversite, this is good stuff though and im concerned...thanks again for the assist ...-Chas:w
Rare81 said:
Chas,

Contact Wendell Strode, Director of the NCM... here is his email address:
strode@corvettemuseum.com

Good Luck recovering your documentation..

Bud

I just had a new idea for a CruiseFest activity. We'll make up signs and picket until they come up with your stuff. :D

Tom

im sure there are plenty of activitys being planned;)
this should be clear by then...thanks for your support .
-Chas

Contact Adam Boca also of the NCM (believe he is in Customer Relations) - he posts on this Forum and many others

Let's make that one of the events..... multi-vehicle burn-out at the front door! We need to get Rowdy1 in on this....he'll love it... after all, he's King Burn-Out!

And the picket signs sound like a good idea too. You deserve to have your property returned to you!

Good luck!
Susan

67HEAVEN said:
If they don't come through for you, Chas, I'll pull the smokiest burnout in front of their door, in June, that they've ever seen. :L

Already have a reply from NCM...

Many thanks to Bud (Rare81) and Wendell at the NCM...im sure it be resolved. I will keep you posted on the results....then we decide if burnouts are required!;)
-Chas

I'll just stand around with a sign.......the burnouts my S 10 does are pretty sad!!

chas,

I think we should do burnouts anyways. I'm sure that somebody will get moving to recover your stuff. If not, they will have a whole bunch of CAC members at their front door.

Craig

reubenmc said:
I'll just stand around with a sign.......the burnouts my S 10 does are pretty sad!!
I'll stand with reubenmc........My Mercedes couldn't burn out to save it's life!!

Bleach........how 'bout some bleach for the burnouts???!!!!:D

Sorry to hear the problem you've had with the Museum. I'm confident that Wendell will get this resolved.

I sure hope you guys are joking about doing burnouts in front of the Museum!!!

Your hurting yourselves by damaging the asphalt with burnouts. Remember the NCM is a non profit foundation, and as such, relies on contributions to keep the Museum running. The thousands of dollars ro re-surface the asphalt could be put to better use. Beech Bend Raceway is just several miles away...use that for burnouts..Thanks!

Tony V (aka Zippy)
Lifetime NCM Member and Ambassador for "America's Corvette Club," plus a
proud Member of the NCM Fighter Squadron.

You know....drifting is becoming quite popular too and there is that circle in front of the NCM.. Hmmmm

(We're just funnin').......................................(I think)

All in fun...

;) :bu

errrrrr...im pretty sure anyways!

Folks, as Zippy pointed out, there is no need to damage the place with multiple burn-outs.

If Chas doesn't recover his press kit, the plan should be to have about fifty or sixty Corvettes (preferrably with modified exhausts) pull up as close the entrance as they can, and just start reving the engines. The resultant noise- especially if 67Heaven's is in the mix- should be more than enough to make it impossible for them to do anything inside. Attention to solve Chas' issue would be swift and sure. And no damaged asphalt.
:D

-Patrick

What the burnout "threat" will do is allow NCM staff/supporters to get their shorts in a knot.......meanwhile, Chas gets the necessary attention to his problem and likely gets his property back.

Too bad NCM didn't pay attention a long time ago.

smiley-willy-nilly.gif
Oooooooo, our asphalt, our asphalt! :eyerole

;)

Two lessons learned:
1) not everyone recognizes a joke
2) don't ignore the little guy whose property you have

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom