Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Do You Drive Your Corvette In The Snow?

Did Someone Say Snow?

Just wanted to let you Corvette guys know that it's starting to snow.

hello.gif

Well I suppose I could but why ? I just spent $3000.00 this summer on all new Michelins pilot Sports PS/2 ZP which are rated for high speed and Not, I say NOT for use in any weather below 32 degrees. I saw a guy trying to cross the RT. 95 bridge over the the river and he did a whole lot of spinning and sliding and slipped on the ice when he decided to get out, of course he got back in and had decided more RPM's were the ticket and that had no result other than his Vette sinking deeper into the snow and I can only guess he red-lined a few times. But If you want to go out, It's your car. There's plenty of body shops looking for work ! :w

I also replace my original GY run flats with Michelin's Sports but most people do not realize that they are available with an all season tread and compound .(same performance rating)They are also the same price .My reasoning is that I do travel a lot and would not drive during a snow storm but I'm prepared if I ever get caught in one .

I'll wave when I'm on 81/84 ---have a good winter ,it shouldn't be very long this year .:thumb

hi
no snow driving!!
we had snow on friday
i have vette for more than two
years now,
no car washs ,or rain.
just like new!!!!
billy:beer

Like Vettboy, I don't interntionally drive my Corvette in in-climate weather, but I do drive my Corvette and if I happen to get caught in something other than perfect weather I want to be prepared, thus the Michelin PS AS.

Love That Christmas Tree.

Just as long as there are no up-hill stop signs on the way home.:L

img1261520381709.jpg

VetteBoy, You are a man of much wisdom and I hope that you are correct ,that this winter will be a short one.

Got To Get To The Grocery Store

large.jpg

Snow & Salt !

I also replace my original GY run flats with Michelin's Sports but most people do not realize that they are available with an all season tread and compound .(same performance rating)They are also the same price .My reasoning is that I do travel a lot and would not drive during a snow storm but I'm prepared if I ever get caught in one .

I'll wave when I'm on 81/84 ---have a good winter ,it shouldn't be very long this year .:thumb

I generally don't take the Corvette out after the first Snow/Salting session. The salt comes out in chunks but after a week of being crushed and pounded into, like the Salt like on your dinner table. Now once this is done out of doors, It becomes a grayish dust and with any kind of wind it will envelope cars/trucks big rigs and if say your on RT. 95 you'll very quickly find yourself driving in a fog like salt dust cloud. Now you can figure out where wind driven dust will go ? So if I don't need it, I used the DD. :w

Meetings All Day At Work - Time To Head Home

20101103_snowCorvette.jpg

I drive in the snow...

Blizzaks all the way around helps! Let me know if you need to know what size to run on the rears... All weathers are ok but the Blizzaks make for good driving when it does snow.

Smart Move

No.....I got a Silverado 4 x 4 for the snow ! :thumb

Lou, I'm with you....there no substitution for 4WD in snow. Also, I hope your dad gets home soon.

I had to do a little bit of shoveling to get out of the garage...

Take it for a few quick runs down 159th Street between storms - who'll know??

With the ruts that were created in the streets after this last snow, if I were to take the Vette out, it would high center the car while tearing off the air dam and probably the mufflers. Think I'll leave it in the garage. :L

Blizzard2011010a.jpg

Blizzard2011012a.jpg

Also, I hope your dad gets home soon.

Thanks Remo.
he was suppose to be moved to a rehab facility today but his white blood cell count was high so the Doctor feared he might have a slight infection and decided to keep him in the hospital another day or two.
What a crappy Christmas I'm having :ugh

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom