Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Do you folks name you cars?

• Thread starter Johnnykretentiv
  • Start date
Yeah, All my rides have a name!!!! :coolI even name every one of my used Vettes that are for sale!!!:D So far nobody has renamed one of them,and sometimes we even have Family Reunions!!!!! :boogie:boogie:upthumbs

Florida Reunion "Thelma & Louise"!!

Yup, I have one I'm pretty fond of, I call it "Budget Buster".......:L :L

I used to have a brown Chevy truck I called big brown or sh!t-bird...

Most of the time it's "The Vette" :w :cool

Now I like that- but I wouldn't recommending taking aboard a passenger, and making them wait seven hours on a stretch of asphalt without moving, before telling them the trip was cancelled. That got your car's namesake airline in some trouble this past Valentines Day, as I recall.

-Patrick
Yeah, it did.... B-U-T.....this is a "one plane :chuckle " operation, only travelling between Florida destinations, and NEVER in the snow or bad weather! The only times that "flights" have been postponed is whenever there's another interresting Vette:_rock to look at.
Andy :w

Yup, I have one I'm pretty fond of, I call it "Budget Buster".......:L :L

I used to have a brown Chevy truck I called big brown or sh!t-bird...

Most of the time it's "The Vette" :w :cool

I like that name it's soo true. That's what hobbies will do to ya. I should call my Home Theater, Budget Buster. It cost a hell of a lot more than my Ebisu (Vette). It cost more than my Vette and Mustang combined!!!!

That's why it's "My Other Vice". Budget Buster indeed.

Do I name my cars?
Yep.

71 BB (Sunflower Yellow) Coupe "Yellow Thunder"
95 ZR-1 (Dark Purple Metallic) "Barney"
04 Z06/Z16 "3Balls39"

My wife named the Z06. She calls it "HIS".

My first car was a '67 green w/ white vynal top Must. = Limey Liz(zard)
Current family Clubwagon = Valdez or Land Yacht
First Vette, '72 coupe = Silver Shark
Current Vette = Red Rocket

My friend calls his "Yvette." Get it?

I just call mine "The Vette." :beer

Until we got the '07 the '01 was nameless. Now it's "Old Red" and the silver '07 is now "Silver Streak" (driven by the "Silver Fox"). She's getting plates that read GRMSVT with a profile of a small hand beside the "T". That means PopPop may not get to drive Silver Streak;shrug

My wife calls ours the "pain in the A$$" 'cause I spend more time with it that her!!;LOL"You going to be cleaning that pain in the A$$ again? I want to go shopping !!!"

A friend started calling it "the green hornet". Sometimes I do, too. But the wife and I often refer to it as "the old green Chevy". :chuckle

I tried to give it an actual name but I kept referring to it as baby girl without thinking so now the name has stuck. Girlfriend at the time complained that the car had a better nickname then her. Maybe, but then again I still have the car.

Until we got the '07 the '01 was nameless. Now it's "Old Red" and the silver '07 is now "Silver Streak" (driven by the "Silver Fox"). She's getting plates that read GRMSVT with a profile of a small hand beside the "T". That means PopPop may not get to drive Silver Streak;shrug

Ours is called Pickle. Wonder why? I wanted Green Hornet, but the kids over rulled me.

I was washing her the other day and a neighbor came over and I almost said I was "Washing my Pickle".

And The Name Is.......

attachment.php

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom