Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Do you know what this component is? Trying to get fuel pump working again

Gohot

Corvette
1982 C3
I have bought a fuel pump relay, yet to be installed, and according to the PO the fuel pump is new. I will check the fuse first, (a bich to get to for me) and trace on down the line to get power to the pump again All this I'll try to fix today. What I'm having trouble identifying is this component. It resides under the behind the passenger seat floor door, in the jack compartment. I'v had the one (forum's) individual that has been supplying schematics email me a schematic of my 82 fuse box. the fuel system schematic(s) I found on my own. Can somebody identify this piece? I'm not sure if, at one time it had a cover and this is the guts, or if this is the bare component. But here's a couple pictures. Please....... help......... Thanks ....Rich.

Attachments

• IMG_5996.jpg
    IMG_5996.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_5997.jpg
    IMG_5997.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_5998.jpg
    IMG_5998.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_5999.jpg
    IMG_5999.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 128
I may have figured out what this is. The windshield wiper relay on an 82 ?

Attachments

• ed-wiper_module.gif
    ed-wiper_module.gif
    68.4 KB · Views: 157
AND...... I believe this is what the circuit is on my 82, and locations of what makes the fuel pump run..... What a pain, it may be simple, but an akward fix just the same, wish me luck getting it going.....:ugh

Attachments

• 12900_oil_sending_unit_and_fuel_pump_circuit_2.gif
    12900_oil_sending_unit_and_fuel_pump_circuit_2.gif
    12.3 KB · Views: 69
Well, I think you're doing great!
You asked two questions and solved them all by yourself before somebody answered! :cool!:
Yes it's your wiper relay. When you turn on the wipers you'll hear something from behind the seat, that is it!
Second is also good, but it doesn't who the location. If you have a GM manual, lookup the wiring harness diagram. I don't say you can pinpoint the relay from the diagram but you can see if it's near the engine or behind the seat.

Your wiring diagram also hows that the pump shuts down if there isn't any oil pressure or if the oil pressure gauge isn't "working".

Greetings Peter

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom