Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Do you think the C7 Tailights Look like the Camaro Tail Lights ??

Do you think the C7 Corvette's tail lights look like the Camaro's tailights?

• Yes

Votes: 47 49.5%
  • No

Votes: 41 43.2%
  • Maybe

Votes: 7 7.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
So? What do you think?

attachment.php

Attachments

• taillights.jpg
    taillights.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 419
I don't think so. I didn't like the Camaro tail lights the first time I saw a new one. . . not to criticize those who do, they just weren't my cup of tea. But I like the rear fascia on the new C7. . . to me the different components come together to create an edgy, aggressive look worthy of the name Corvette.

I can't wait to see one up close and personal! :happyanim:
:wJane Ann

No, I do not think they look similar at all.

I like the C7 tail lights. As Jane Ann said, edgy & aggressive.

:w

There's a family resemblance but they are definitely not the same.

They had better look very similar, or GM styling and marketing didn't do their job correctly. :)

The runny mascara around the tail lights doesn't help them any. Hopefully they help sales.

They had better look very similar, or GM styling and marketing didn't do their job correctly. :)

The runny mascara around the tail lights doesn't help them any. Hopefully they help sales.

Good point. It's like the car has two faces; front and rear. Both faces have a mean look.

Similar? Yes, stylistically.

Identical? Nope.

The question is do they look "like" Camaro tail lights. I think most would say yes.

It's impossible to do, but if there were any way to look at them objectively (meaning take the Camaro issue out of it) I wonder, if based strictly on their own merit, most would like them or not?

For instance, what if these had come out first on the Corvette, then Camaro had its tailights rolled out a couple years later? We'd all view it as Chevy keeping the Camaro as a Corvette-wannabe type of car. Oh look, Chevy made a Camaro with baby Corvette tailights! :rotfl

That's the problem... these Corvette tailights have come out *after* the Camaro's. (there's the DUH statement of the decade!) In a perfect world, it would have (should have) been the other way around. In the past, I haven't noticed all Chevy cars having similar tailights, so why couldn't they come up with something new for the new Corvette?

Now, after all that long-windy-ness, I have to say that when taken as a whole, the rear design is growing on me, already. That didn't take long! :v

:Steer Save the Wave!

Wow… did my posting of the comparison of rear ends spawn this poll?

I don't think it matters much, as beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.
If you like the Vette no matter what, it won't stop you from buying one.
If the butt end is too Carmaro to be a Vette; then buy a C6.

Didn't the old Camaros also have a coke-body style and similar instrument dash?
Popup lamps too, just done differently.

Kinda like the chicken or the egg…
Just in this case, we can tell which came first with the butt design.

Similar designs to please different pocket book target markets. Both classic.
Just whatever you do… BUY A VETTE

8)))

Last edited:
Chevrolet has always had "family" design cues, like the bar across the grill opening. I like the design. I stated in another thread that folks probably hated the first coupe in 1963, and then, gasp, factory air conditioning later in 63... Just ruined the car... :D

Tailights

I think there is a similar style to the tailights. They arent exactly the same I would have preferred the typical round tailights but with the new edgy styling of the corvette I dont think it would have fit as well. Change can be hard to accept but I think Chevy pulled it off great

Chevrolet has always had "family" design cues, like the bar across the grill opening. I like the design. I stated in another thread that folks probably hated the first coupe in 1963, and then, gasp, factory air conditioning later in 63... Just ruined the car... :D

on that thought…
my 1974 coupe is probably the only one Ive seen without a/c and has that "astro venting", out here in California anyways. To make it more "hot", its triple black. But I like it hot. Truth be told, I brought it out with me when I moved from the East to the West coast decades ago. No SMOG on it either. Fortunately it just slips under the 1975 or newer must have SMOG law here.

I don't think it matters much, as beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.
If you like the Vette no matter what, it won't stop you from buying one.
If the butt end is too Carmaro to be a Vette; then buy a C6.

Didn't the old Camaros also have a coke-body style and similar instrument dash?
Popup lamps too, just done differently.

Kinda like the chicken or the egg…
Just in this case, we can tell which came first with the butt design.

Similar designs to please different pocket book target markets. Both classic.
Just whatever you do… BUY A VETTE

8)))

Nope. Not your post. Just a lot of the feedback I've read here and elsewhere on the web. I wanted to build an image of both rear ends so that you could see the similarities or disimilarities. In my opinion when you see both cars in person, there is no resembance.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I think GM did a great job at creating the new model.Front and rear.Even the interior in my eyes looks awsome from all the pics that Rob has posted. Are the tail lights similar, all I can say is that they're not round, but I'll get used to them.And If they can do all that and keep it close to the $50K target, I'm definitely interested. Great job Chevrolet!!
My only problem is the Wife told me one has to go before I can even think about a C7.

Jim

Nope. Not your post. Just a lot of the feedback I've read here and elsewhere on the web. I wanted to build an image of both rear ends so that you could see the similarities or disimilarities. In my opinion when you see both cars in person, there is no resembance.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

You and about half of the others who posted about the new 2014 Stingray... ;)

-Mac

attachment.php
attachment.php
:thumb

As for the C7 I love it and so does my wife who drives anything with a clutch. I think the DNA is visually still there but they have definitely took the design in a fresh direction inside and out. This is coming from a C3 and C4 owner and a C6 wanttobe owner.

Every generation change I have tracked from the C4 in 1983 has grips from the previous generations owners like that will make their older ones worth more. Heck they are all great in my mind, just some better than others in terms of features and styling which is a personal taste item. I never quite liked the C5's with the small nose/big butt look. They tamed that with the C6 which is a better visual design to me.

I have been reading on a few of the forums and most of the grips are about the rear end and the Camaro style taillights. I guess they haven't bother to go back to 1962 and compare the Biscayne to the C2, back to 70 and compare the C3 to the Camaro, back to 1990's and compare the Impala to the C6, you get the idea.

Thanks,

Mike

1962-brchr_rear-pagA_a.jpg5492739821_bc749b4efa_m.jpg

Attachments

• 70b.jpg
    70b.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 114
  • camp_1007_14_o+1970_chevy_camaro+rear.jpg
    camp_1007_14_o+1970_chevy_camaro+rear.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:
The rear tail lights fit the flow of the rear fascia. Horizontal in design and blend with the air vents. Round tail lights wouldn't cut it.

Why are we knocking this car. It's a fresh kick you in the teeth design.

I surmise when we get to put our hands on this car and drive it there won't be one person that will kick it to the curb and say they don't like it.

I drive a C6 Carbon and am not ready to give it up. In my opinion a sinister and cool Vette. In two years I will revisit this Corvette. By then all bugs will have disappeared and there should be several performance engine options to compliment the base engine plus body mods and cool colors.

Just my opinion guys. I respect yours.

They are what they are but to me they cheapen the look of the whole car.

Other that the rear I totally love the rest of the Car!

The idea that one draws styling from the other isn't new, or even a bad idea, in my opinion. They share DNA, right? Why is it a problem that they share similar features?
I don't get what the problem is???? The idea that it cheapens the Corvette, doesn't hold water IMO.

1983 Camaro
1983-chevrolet-camaro-1.jpg

1984 Corvette

1984RedCoupeS.JPG

Attachments

• 1984_Corvette.jpg
    1984_Corvette.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 120

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom