Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

do you use a GPS in your vette

c4vette92

Corvette
2003 50th
i was considering buying a magellan roadmate 700 which is a portable unit for my
o3 vette, where does everyone put it ? :confused
if you have a different unit, tell me why. does anyone have a dash installed unit?
the cost of the magellan is around $ 1300. any info is appreciated. stw

I have a Garmin STREETPILOT III and love it. You can pick them up for around $600.

:w

I have the Garmin Street Pilot III that I move between 2 vehicles. It is a great unit.

GPS sounds like a great idea! But I don't mind gettng lost, just more time spent driving around. :Steer

Steve

$600 when you get maps free! just something else to break! you are never lost, you are exactly where you are, just might not be where you want to be, and it is an adventure, after all!

I use a Garmin 60CS. Portable unit with a color screen, and it is easy on batteries. I just set it in the cup holder. The passenger uses the unit, don't need the distraction when driving.

I bought a Garmin 2610 the day it became available for online order. Best purchase ever. This little thing has saved my butt a bunch on the road. Heck while in Hawaii at night, there were places with no lights and the turn was barely visible. Without the GPS counting down the feet, I would have over shot the turn every time.

I currently move it between my Coupe and S80. I have decided against an in dash system for the Coupe because of the cost of gettting a good system. Acura currently sells the best system on the market. Online it cost about $1700 to $2000 and that doesn't include install issues. I got my 2610 for $800. And software updates and new features have been comming out about every 2 months.

The only complaint I have is for small towns that have very little POI (Points of Interest) data. But compared to other systems (like Lexus and Volvo) it holds up nicely. Acura of course with its 7 million POI data base is the king. Everyone else hovers around 2 million as of middle of 2003. But I am hearing from friends a lot of systems are now using a new 5 million entry POI data base.

I have a Garmin that I use for hunting, etc but have never used it otherwise. I never used it on my motorcycle or in either Vette. Half the fun is just takin' off and then at some point figuring out where the h*ll you are and how to get back. See some interesting sights that way too.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom