Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Does anyone know?*

C7808

Corvette
2017 Grand Sport 2lt. Watkins Glen Gray
I want to remove the front license plate mount from my C7. After removing the license plate, I removed the two large plastic screws from the mount. But, without risk of breaking the plastic grill, I cannot figure out how to remove the mount as it is still stuck to the grill. I've searched all over the internet and couldn't find a solution. Thanks so much for any advice.

When I get into work this morning, I'll ask our Corvette Service Technician and respond back here.

When I get into work this morning, I'll ask our Corvette Service Technician and respond back here.

Thanks. I really appreciate this.

Unfortunately, there's no easy solution. Technically, when you unscrew the plastic bolts, the four prongs should retract. I have found from personal experience that they don't always do so and tend to remain open. If you're mechanically inclined, you can try to insert some tools through the front grate and try to push the prongs into a retracted position enough to pull the bracket out.

I'll be at the National Corvette Museum's Birthday Bash next week so I'll try to remember to ask one of the Corvette Engineers and maybe they know an easy solution.

Unfortunately, there's no easy solution. Technically, when you unscrew the plastic bolts, the four prongs should retract. I have found from personal experience that they don't always do so and tend to remain open. If you're mechanically inclined, you can try to insert some tools through the front grate and try to push the prongs into a retracted position enough to pull the bracket out.

I'll be at the National Corvette Museum's Birthday Bash next week so I'll try to remember to ask one of the Corvette Engineers and maybe they know an easy solution.

Thanks for checking. Greatly appreciate the help.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom