Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Grand Sport Removable Front License Plate Mount

For discussions related to a Grand Sport Corvette.

GDG4162

Corvette
2013 Grand Sport Convertible
Has anyone installed the Removable Front License Plate Mount from ZIP on their 2013 GS Convertible?

http://www.zip-corvette.com/ProductDetails/ProductDetails.aspx?pid={9535b845-0afd-4933-b14c-d94cc786903e}&gid={47d2a09e-7f09-43ec-b40f-d0eb6191db3d}&GroupName=License+Plates+%26+Brackets&pname=06-13+Z06%2fGS+Removable+Front+License+Plate+Mount&Referer=&Alias=&ptct=SGR-SR&CTitle=&

What's the best way to secure the bracket over the skid plate?

I now have a C6 and went with the center mount holder. I think it looks cleaner. I bought that one first and did not like the side mount. The center mount was easier to install too.:thumb

I have the one from GM that mounts on either side. GS have existing quick disconnects. No drilling. Easy pull and push on and off. Initially went outside of GM and did not like the install. Looks good as well. Would not want a plate front and center.

Move to a state that doesn't require front plates and you won't care how the plate is mounted.

I carry mine in the car but one of these days........I will get a fixit ticket and have to deal with it. There is no good place to mount a front plate in my opinion.....

Removable Plate

I carry mine in the car but one of these days........I will get a fixit ticket and have to deal with it. There is no good place to mount a front plate in my opinion.....

Agree. Would rather have no plate. Just not moving at this time. went with new plate first three months. Then pulled over by county mounty. He just wanted a closer look at the new GS. Went with removable side plate. Maybe I will move. :cool!:

I do the same thing, carry it with me. Have not put it on the car yet. Bought the car in 2008.

I did purchase the removable plate holder and I am very pleased with it. Love that I can remove it to clean the car as well as not have to have the plate stuck in the middle of the nose. Only concern is a bit of a rattle, even though it is snug .

I do the same thing, carry it with me. Have not put it on the car yet. Bought the car in 2008.

The plate definitely takes away from that beautiful front end - it hides that "nasty" look.
I don't want to to do but this is Massachusetts (taxachusetts) and they're always looking for ways to make $$.

The plate definitely takes away from that beautiful front end - it hides that "nasty" look.
I don't want to to do but this is Massachusetts (taxachusetts) and they're always looking for ways to make $$.

Teddychusetts ;LOL

:w
Guy

Used the one from thedoubleAA.com that bolts between facia and splitter and sits in the middle. Thougt offset looked funny.

Last edited:
hi

Move to a state that doesn't require front plates and you won't care how the plate is mounted.

I would put 4 plates on my car if I could move to Maui!
Just a Jersey boy here.

GDG,
Not sure if you have this on the car by now, but the bracket should hang below the skid bar.
The bolt would go above it, and it acts like a clamp around the skid bar.
I hope this helps, if you have any questions, feel free.
Tom@Zip
1-800-962-9632 ext 240

I finally got caught by a local Highway Patrolman and he said I had to get something mounted so I bought the Zip plate mount and it had to go in the middle on my GS. I had to fabricate a bit but got it all on and it worked great but hung down a bit and I would keep scraping it on low entrences. That would knock it in the stowed position so I now keep it in the down and back position and if I get stopped I will say....oops....was cleaning the car officer and forgot to put it back up and pull it up and he should say ok leave it up....and I will say ok you bet......and then put it back down when I get home......it's called civil disobedeance...or however you spell it....:thumb

I live in Massachusetts. We have a 2011 Callaway convertible which runs with no front plate (inside car). We also have a 2005 convertible. I have a remote control front plate system. I've attached pictures of the before and after. It works well. The plate is always in the down position, and I haven't encountered any issue with the police...yet. My feeling is that if I am stopped, the plate can easily be put in the up position before the policeman even gets to my car! :)

Elaine

Plate ground rub?

I have a remote control front plate system. I've attached pictures of the before and after. It works well. The plate is always in the down position, and I haven't encountered any issue with the police...yet. My feeling is that if I am stopped, the plate can easily be put in the up position before the policeman even gets to my car! :)

Elaine

Maybe your car's air dam and the lowered plate are a lot higher than my 13 GS Vert. My air dam rubs all the time on lousy Jersey roads. I wonder if you have any rub problems or not.
Beautiful car by the way. :w

No, I don't have any rub problems, but this isn't a Grand Sport. The GS is lower and probably would be a problem. I do have a 2011 GS, too, but don't have this remote on it because of that issue. We just take our chances with no front plate! ;)

Thanks for the compliment. This is my second 2005 Daytona Sunset Orange convertible. I had the first for 5 years and really missed the color when we traded it last year so got myself another one!

Elaine

I have the removable mount on my 13 GS and really like it. I can slip the plate off and put it in the trunk when we go out of state. Officers in states other than your own usually do not care if you have two plates. They just want to know that the plate that is on the car belongs there and it is valid.

Removable license plate mount for GS

I have the removable mount on my 13 GS and really like it. I can slip the plate off and put it in the trunk when we go out of state. Officers in states other than your own usually do not care if you have two plates. They just want to know that the plate that is on the car belongs there and it is valid.

Which mount do you have? Can you provide a link or name? I would like to get one too !!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom