Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Does Granatelli Motorsports Mass Air Flow Sensor really produce 10-15 RWHP??

Vette96CE

Corvette
1996 LT4 Collector Editon
In the Mid America magazine they claim this MAF sensor will
boost your RWHP 10-15. Has anyone tried an aftermarket MAF sensors on their LT4? If so which one is the best one to get

Vette96ce

:v :pat

I might be wrong but isn't that the exact same MAF sensor as stock but without the screens? I'm not sure why they advertise as gains up to 10 horsepower because it really doesn't make that big of a difference. You could actually remove your own screens and save a bunch of $$

Jay

Once again I must remind everyone that just using the Granatelli MAF alone won't give you the power increase you're hoping for. There are other things that should be addressed anytime you change a component on today's computer controlled vehicles. That, the computer, in itself will require some gentle reprogramming to make most efficient use of the hogged-out MAF.

Then, when you start getting into chips and sensor changes to accomodate the newly-found increase in the incoming airflow, you'll have to address the exhaust issue to move the air out of the engine. Believe me, it's addicting and it never stops. :eyerole

BUT I LOVE IT! :v

JT ZR-Won said:
I might be wrong but isn't that the exact same MAF sensor as stock but without the screens? I'm not sure why they advertise as gains up to 10 horsepower because it really doesn't make that big of a difference. You could actually remove your own screens and save a bunch of $$

Jay

Exactly, I mean about removing your screeens. Worked for me and I got 100hp gain at the rw's. (kidding);LOL ;LOL ;LOL

Vette96CE said:
In the Mid America magazine they claim this MAF sensor will
boost your RWHP 10-15. Has anyone tried an aftermarket MAF sensors on their LT4? If so which one is the best one to get

Vette96ce

:v :pat

I have one... it was on the car when i purchased it. I would not spend the money on it, there are far better mods to spend your money on that offer better value.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom