Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Door lock knobs

c3vette

Corvette
1979 Red 4Spd
Seeems there is a common problem with power door locks and even manually locking and unlocking the door with a key. Neither of my power door locks work and I could not even lock with the key. Even the inside lock knobs would not budge.
I pulled both door panels off a few days ago and found BOTH switches were not working (INTERNALLY), when I OHM'd them out. Looking at the electrical diagram, it looks as if both must function for the actuators to work. Need to order these. Power to both sides was evident at their connections. (ORANGE beinbg hot on my 79)
No big deal, I WD40'd all the rods, locks and pivot points, where I can lock and unlock both doors now with the key.
I don't know why GM designed those lock knobs where they are so difficult to access/operate. I find it very hard to grip those suckers in their confined space. Anyone replace the knobs with an aftermarket set with a larger head? It seems something that OFFSET would work much better.
I might need to fabricate a set myself. The factory setup is just plain awkward.

The factory setup probably just worn out.
happened to mine a few years ago,new pieces and pigtails for the motors, were good!!!!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom