Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Door Sill Protectors Anyone ??

Allthumbs

Corvette
1981 white coupe
Has anyone installed the aftermarket door sill protectors on their cars ? I am thinking about doing this and have picked out a clear type sill protector with a C3 logo on it from Eckler's .

Any thoughts... wisdom and experiences about doing this add on ? Thanks !

Tom

Yes, I did have the clear door sill protectors on my C5, and like them. Also, got them from Eckler's.

But, Sold C5, got C6. Now have them for sale!!!

But, I did buy more sill protectors for the C6 last month from Eckler... still like them!

Yes, I did have the clear door sill protectors on my C5, and like them. Also, got them from Eckler's.

But, Sold C5, got C6. Now have them for sale!!!

But, I did buy more sill protectors for the C6 last month from Eckler... still like them!

Are they a challenge at all to install ?

Thanks for the reply btw !

Tom

No, not on C5 or C6 - Should be the same on your Vette. I think?

Phillips screwdriver is all you need.

That is good to know ! ( and about all I can handle :eyerole ).. I think I will do that as there is no need to have anymore wear on the carpet in that spot(s) after all these years ! Thanks !:)

Tom

Allthumbs, very easy to install and they look great. They protect the carpet which was well worth the investment.

I just bought the Status Sills for my 79.Consists of a black powdercoated center piece with "Corvette" on it,held in place by the stock chrome strip,& another supplied in the kit.I am required to drill holes to attach the new one.

Yea, I bought the clear acrylic covers so I wouldn't have to drill holes.

That is one of the things I will add on my to do list for this year.. the sill covers.. and the true dual exhaust without the cat.. I have an exhaust leak at the Y anyway !

Tom

They make sill covers that are not drilled into the sill. They just pop on. That's what you should get...just my opinion! :)

Elaine

Thanks to everyone on this topic for your help and suggestions !

The CAC is a great resource !:CAC

Tom

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom