Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Drain Location

Gary68

Corvette
1968 Coupe
I am currently restoring my 68. Where does the water that drains down the windshield, into the windshield wiper area and down both sides drain out of the car. I can't locate the bottom drain. When blowing it out I get lots of leaves and media, since I had it media blasted, from the drain area on each side that shoots back up and feel that it must be plugged down below but can't find it's location. The assembly and service manuals don't show where they drain out. Does anyone know how the water drains out?

It just runs out the bottom. There is not a drain, per se,with the water draining out a small crevice between the fiberglass pieces. It's hard to see. I was able to see mine when I had the vacuum actuator out in the passenger footwell and put a drop light in it.

waterdrainhole.jpg

Best method to locate and clean the drain is via the passenger side interior kick panel. Remove the vac actuator as Bob stated. Then use compressed air and/or vac to dislodge and remove rust, dirt, etc. The drain is the small hole or cut out area behind the vac door in the photo above.

waterdrainhole.jpg

Best method to locate and clean the drain is via the passenger side interior kick panel. Remove the vac actuator as Bob stated. Then use compressed air and/or vac to dislodge and remove rust, dirt, etc. The drain is the small hole or cut out area behind the vac door in the photo above.
Thank you, I will be looking at this. I couldn't find any literature or spec's on it.

Gary

On a C2, the side shroud drain hole is located about 2" rearward of the #1 body bolt (it's the hole in the center of the photo); should be in a similar location on a C3. :)

driverssidefender2.jpg

C3 driver's side with fender removed. You can see the small drain/weep hole at the bottom. Actually more of a slit in my opinion.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom