Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Drips from sideview mirrors....

Gray Goose

Corvette
2009 Cyber Gray Z06 w/chrome whls & Nav
After washing my 09, water weeps out of the base of the side view mirrors .......this goes on for 2 to 3 hours and keeps running down the side of the door. Is anyone else experiencing this annoyance. Is there a remedy out there?

Don't wash it

Just kidding, i have the same thing on my 09, as you said its a real pain. Maybe if you lay them in not as much water will get in so it may help a little???????.....................Billy :w

You could always use a leaf blower to dry off the water. That's what I do.

take her for a quick spin after you wash her and before you dry her up.

I've had the same thing happen with 1987 and 1998 that I owned and the 2010 that I just bought is the same way. The leaf blower idea sounds like a good solution. I'll try it this weekend.

You can buy flexible plastic caps that fit over the mirrors and keep out the water. I think I got mine from the NCM gift shop.

Mid America also sells them.
Andy

There's a small gap between the mirror and the housing, poke a piece of t-shirt material in there to wick any water after your wash.

Agree with the leaf blower. I use it every time and it works like a charm. Also use it to blow off the entire car (especially the wheels) after each wash.

If you use a leaf blower make sure its not one of those combination vacuum/blowers which could retain vacuumed materials to shoot out onto your painted surfaces. A while back I picked up a small electric blower which had a conical rubber tip at a Kragen store. You'd be surprised how many times I've touched the tip onto the car body and was glad it wasn't a hard plastic piece. Other places aside from the side mirrors that retains water include the tail lights, license plate surround, side light markers and emblems. C5s had the same water retention problems. The C6s also retained water along the lower window weather stripping. Pretty much anywhere there is a seam the vettes will retain some water. I also blow dry the tires/wheels - less water to sling around when you go for your drying run.

Agree with the leaf blower. I use it every time and it works like a charm. Also use it to blow off the entire car (especially the wheels) after each wash.

I'll go with the new guy .:thumb:thumb I actually use it after I shower ,thats what gave me the idea to try it on my car.:)

Since I have an air compressor, I just use that to blow off the excess water. Set the PSI to about 40 and have at it. I also use the compressor for blowing out the engine bay when I clean it.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom