Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Driver memory seat problems

radmrjg

Corvette
2017 Blk Rose GS Conv; 2019 Ceramic Gray GS Conv, 2023 Rapid Blue Z51 Conv
I have a 2019 Grand Sport convertible. Shortly after buying it I noticed that the driver memory seat worked sporadically. I took it to the dealer and they first thought it was the key fobs so they ordered new ones. This did not solve the problem. They said that they would next order a new module for the door. For some reason, they failed to order it. We needed to head north from Florida to our summer home so the dealer told me to call them before we returned and they would order one so it could get installed as soon as we arrived. We drove to our northern home where I have a 2017 Grand Sport convertible. Shortly after arriving, the memory seat in this car behaved the same as the one in Florida. I took it to the dealer and explained my problem and told them I also had it in Florida with 2019. They contacted GM and were told to take the door panel off and perform some tests on the module. They found it to be ok but they still got some error codes. GM then told them that the switch on the seat was probably faulty. They ordered a new one. It turns out that if you program the seat to go to the fully back position when you exit the car the switch gets locked into an open mode and will not allow the memory to work properly. I was told that when programming the seat I should push it back all the way and then bring it forward a little bit before locking it in place with the control on the door. I do not know how many other folks have experienced this problem but the solution is relatively simple. When I get back to Florida I will try the same solution on that car.

I have had the same problem with my '17 Grand Sport. Thanks for the info.

I have a 2019 Grand Sport convertible. Shortly after buying it I noticed that the driver memory seat worked sporadically. I took it to the dealer and they first thought it was the key fobs so they ordered new ones. This did not solve the problem. They said that they would next order a new module for the door. For some reason, they failed to order it. We needed to head north from Florida to our summer home so the dealer told me to call them before we returned and they would order one so it could get installed as soon as we arrived. We drove to our northern home where I have a 2017 Grand Sport convertible. Shortly after arriving, the memory seat in this car behaved the same as the one in Florida. I took it to the dealer and explained my problem and told them I also had it in Florida with 2019. They contacted GM and were told to take the door panel off and perform some tests on the module. They found it to be ok but they still got some error codes. GM then told them that the switch on the seat was probably faulty. They ordered a new one. It turns out that if you program the seat to go to the fully back position when you exit the car the switch gets locked into an open mode and will not allow the memory to work properly. I was told that when programming the seat I should push it back all the way and then bring it forward a little bit before locking it in place with the control on the door. I do not know how many other folks have experienced this problem but the solution is relatively simple. When I get back to Florida I will try the same solution on that car.
I am having trouble setting the memory in my 2019 Grand Sport. Do you set the memory and then move the seat back all the way and then move it forward? Not sure of the correct sequence.

To set the back limit you should put the seat back near the limit but then move it up a little. Hit the set button and the seat back memory button. Then put the seat foward to where you want it and then hit the set and number 1 button.

Thank you! I will give it a try. When you say "seat back memory button" Are you referring to the exit button?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom