Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Driver's side seat cushion

D

DWC

While vacuuming my 1996 Collector's Edition I discovered that the driver's side seat cushion was not fastened down or inserted tightly. I was able to easily lift it up and look underneath at the power controls. The passenger side was snapped down properly. I also did not notice a snapping mechanism that would fasten the seat. Is this normal on the driver's side or is something missing? I would prefer that the seat snapped down tightly! If it is not normal, what do I need to do to get the seat to fasten?

The driver seat should have a clip exactly the same as the clip found on the passenger seat. Yours is evidently missing but it should be of no cause for concern, the bucket will keep the cushion in place.

I imagine a replacement clip can be found for a buck or two. ;)

_ken :w

I agree with Ken, except that you can't find anything for a Corvette for "a buck or two"! (Oh, is that what the wink is about?) :eyerole

Jim S. :w

Thanks for your responses. After looking again at the seat I noticed a wire-like hanger that was folded up against the inside of the seat cushion. When I folded it down it appeared to be a catch, but I didn't immediately see how it snapped. Upon further examination I discovered that it snapped down at the very bottom of the front of the seat cushion! It latches at the bottom of the seat and you can access it at the very front of the seat! It snapped perfectly! Apparently someone had at some time unsnapped the latch and left it unsnapped!

Glad to have it finished...and it didn't even cost me a nickel!

DWC

seat snap down

Yeah thats a built in option on Corvettes. Its made with the snap for those of us who go out any drive around till the tank is on empty and then find we left our wallet,credit card and bank card at home. You just unsnap the cushions and pick up all the loose change under the seat and buy gas to get home. :) :)

The seat bottom cushion may be used as a flotation device when ditching over water, (driving off a bridge). Maybe that's why they left it loose.... :L :L :L :L

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom