Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Drivers Side window Problem!!

Rcurry23

Corvette
1999 Torch Red Coupe
I went to the ATM this morning and when I went to roll up my window, it did nothing. So I opened the door and shut it, and it rolled back up. I never thought any more about it. Then I went out at lunch and started it, rolled the window down some, (just to make sure I don't lock the keys in the car while warming it up). Went to the car wash and rolled it back up. Then stopped by to pick up some lunch at a drive through, window went down fine, now I can't get it up. Nothing works on the drivers switch panel. The passengers works fine with its switch. Just nothing on the drivers switch. I did a search and saw something about wiggling the rubber boot for the wiring loom. Tried that, and nothing. Now what?!?!? Remove the rubber boot from the door jam, and check the wiring? Remove the door panel? Don't know what to try next. I'm stuck at work and its COLD out!

Mine started doing that a while back. Started occasionally, then became more frequent. Finally died with the window open. Turned out the window motor locked up. Some folks say that you can take the door panel off and pound on the motor to break it free. I didn't bother, just replaced the whole unit. If this is your problem, the unit is quite pricey.

It could also be a relay in the control module. That is an easy fix: unplug and plug. Challenge is to determine which piece is toast.

PS - too bad it didn't fail in the CLOSED position.

I know its been a while since I posted about this, but I have had several issues to work on. I ended up having an exposed wire in the door harness, fixed that, and still nothing. Then check all the grounds, cleaned them, still nothing. Bought someones used Door control modules, and switches and replaced those and wala. Everything works again.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom