Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Drivetrain Alignment

John,

I checked the rubber mount and it looks OK, doesn't appear to have been moving around, you can see some compression in the rubber. Also called the Vette shop wgho sold me the part and verified it was OEM type. I actually have the old one still and can see what you mean about the sleeve inside. How does it look to you?

Looks good to me. :)

Good luck! I've got the same problem 350 L-82, B/W 4 sp.trans, My next move will be half shaft inspection ,new joints. I suspect a bend u joint flange somewhere this problem is common in older cars and trucks Hammer related I'll bet, also could be trans tail shaft bushing. I've seen posts with new tranny's installed same problem keep us posted on any progress there's alot of vibrating rear view mirrors out there

Good luck! I've got the same problem 350 L-82, B/W 4 sp.trans, My next move will be half shaft inspection ,new joints. I suspect a bend u joint flange somewhere this problem is common in older cars and trucks Hammer related I'll bet, also could be trans tail shaft bushing. I've seen posts with new tranny's installed same problem keep us posted on any progress there's alot of vibrating rear view mirrors out there

OK Joe, I'll report the findings. Might be a while, this TKO-500 is a winter project. I can tell you though that I put a brand new tailshaft and bushing on the transmission last winter........no difference.
I did see a significant improvement when I had the driveshaft balanced, so if you haven't done that you might give it a try. If I wasen't going this 5 speed route I was going to get a new shaft, yoke etc and have it balanced.

I'd still like to find a way to check the drive angles, when I'm laying on my back under this thing over the winter I'm going to figure out a way to do it.

Thanks, Bill

Yep had my shaft done the guy said it was close and he knocked off factory weight and put his own I didn't like that to much but it wasn't any worse To me it looks like you can turn the shaft end for end and it's the same by the way my yoke wasn't on when he balanced it. There is a post on how someone lined up everything I'll look for it and let you know if I find it. I still think it's a bend flange or something

Hi Joe,

Well, at long last the car is on the road again and I'm happy to report that the vibration is gone. So.........it's either transmission related or driveshaft related, both were replaced at the same time. I haven't put too many miles on it yet but so far it's smooth. It took a wheelbarrow full of $$ to git rid of it but so far so good. Maybe you could try a computer balanced driveshaft and new U joints since you said there was some difference for a while when you had the driveshaft worked on.

Regards,

Bill

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom