Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Driving Position

twiget

Corvette
In the market
Is there a way to lower the seats in a C6, beyond the limit of pushing the down button on the power seats I mean? I'm almost 6'6" tall, and in my normal driving position I have about 1" between the top of my head and the underside of the roof. The helmet I wear when I go to the strip is a good 3"-4" thick, you do the math. :eyerole

In my old '96, I solved this problem by pulling up the seat and removing the straps on the underside of the seat. That gave me a couple more inches of head room. That does not seem to be an option with my '08. Anyone have any bright ideas on how to bring my seating position down a couple inches?

Jason

This suggestion depends on your pocketbook. Perhaps some brand of non-power sport seat in place of the standard driver's seat would do the trick.

A new seat was my first thought, Randy. My next thought reminded me how expensive that idea was. I'm looking for something a little cheaper to implement. :beer

Jason

Cheaper, eh? Well, as an alternative, DRTH VTR and I could always stop by and find a way to make you shorter. Hey, we'd do it for free, too!
:chuckle

I could make my head sit lower by making my behind a bit less "fluffy". It would take some weight out of my car, as well. :chuckle

Cheaper, eh? Well, as an alternative, DRTH VTR and I could always stop by and find a way to make you shorter. Hey, we'd do it for free, too!
:chuckle

I could make my head sit lower by making my behind a bit less "fluffy". It would take some weight out of my car, as well. :chuckle

I appreciate the comments guys, :eyerole though I don't recall asking for advice from the peanut gallery. :L

Jason

I appreciate the comments guys, :eyerole though I don't recall asking for advice from the peanut gallery. :L

Jason

Hey, I've figured out an idea for your personalized plate: "SHORTY".
;LOL

A new seat was my first thought, Randy. My next thought reminded me how expensive that idea was. I'm looking for something a little cheaper to implement. :beer

Jason

Maybe there is a way to make the lower seat foam thinner. It may not be the most comfortable though depending on exactly what is below the foam.

I have a feeling any solution is going to involve removing the power seat tracks.

I have a feeling any solution is going to involve removing the power seat tracks.

You are probably right Randy. Any solution that does not involve modification of me (ahem Patrick & Darth :)), will probably involve removing the power seat tracks. Oh well. I'm the only one that drives her, and I don't have the memory package so no big loss.

Jason

Your helmet shouldn't be 3-4" above your height. Most helmets are within 1" of skull height.

If I remember correctly, there is a kit of "low profile" seat rails/tracks for the C6. Should give you about 1.5". Otherwise, a call to SPARCO might help.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom