Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Droop Happens !

Corvette
2012 💯 4LT GS Roadster
If we live long enough something on us will droop, but that's beside the point.

The Driver's door on my 96 Vette is beginning to show it's age, it hasn't drooped allot, but it is starting to droop/drag a bit. Wouldn't think it would happen @ 27K, but that's life.

I'd really appreciate it if I could get some suggestions as to the best way to adjust it.

Thanks In Advance,
6 Shooter

6 Shooter said:
If we live long enough something on us will droop, but that's beside the point.

The Driver's door on my 96 Vette is beginning to show it's age, it hasn't drooped allot, but it is starting to droop/drag a bit. Wouldn't think it would happen @ 27K, but that's life.

I'd really appreciate it if I could get some suggestions as to the best way to adjust it.

Thanks In Advance,
6 Shooter
Really...already.........seems strange.............did you buy yours new?? Do you have a favorite body shop?? If not........I can ask mine...............he WILL know what needs to be done........if we go to mine ......I'll need some more detail and w/measurements and probably a photo.............you have my email.......get back.....and I'll catch up with him tomorrow before he goes north.........:bash :bash :bash :bash :bash :bash

I haven't heard of too many door problems with C4's... Does it look like it is drooping? where can you tell, or does it feel like it?

Very little droop/sag

It's nothing real visible, but u can see where it is rubbing a bit on the door striker/bolt. When u open the door, u can feel it droop/sag ever so slightly when it comes of the door striker/bolt.

Again, it's nothing major, I guess I'm just trying to say I'm a freaking perfectionist when it comes to my Vette :upthumbs

I have to look tonight... I know there is an adjustment for the doors, I just have to look again.

BTW, in case you didn't know, when C4's were built, the doors were put on, then the other body panels were lined up to the doors... there have been more than one instance of the doors being slightly off, and the whole rest of the car needs to be adjusted to fit to the door after the door is put in its proper place.

Ok, then I need to adjust my car . . .

Vettelt193 said:
I have to look tonight... I know there is an adjustment for the doors, I just have to look again.

BTW, in case you didn't know, when C4's were built, the doors were put on, then the other body panels were lined up to the doors... there have been more than one instance of the doors being slightly off, and the whole rest of the car needs to be adjusted to fit to the door after the door is put in its proper place.

6Shooter, Your door is fine, the rest of your car is up too high! Just kidding. I don't know if you can adjust it. If not maybe a shim on the bottom hinge. Guy

Also had a drooping door (is that a real word?).

Take it to any quality body shop. They have a tool that is a lift bar that locks into the locking mechanism and it is used to lift or drop the door once the hinge bolts are loosened. Should cost you very little and they do it right. Without the tool, you really need a strong helper to position the door after the bolts are backed off and you can possible scratch it if you loose your grip.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom