Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

DTC Codes on a 2000

Greg C

Corvette
2000 Convertible;Bowling Green Metalic
Just picked up our 1st Corvette (2000 Convert. with LS1 engine, Automatic).
Have to order a set of shop manuals yet but did find the info on the DTC Codes. Took a look......here are the ones I found......

58-SDM: Code- B1001H (could not find this one on the list)

AO-LDCM: (Left Door Control Module)
Codes: B2282H (Battery #1 Fault)
B2285H (Battery #2 Fault)
U1064H (Loss of Communication with BCM)

A1-RDCM: (Right Door Control Module)
Codes: B2283H (Battery #1 Fault)
B2285H (Battery #2 Fault)
U1064H (Loss Of Communication With BCM)

BO-RFA: (Remote Function Actuation)
Codes: B0605H (Receiver Internal memory Malfunction)
U1255H (Serial Data Line Malfunction)
U1064H (Loss Of Communication With BCM)
U1096H (Loss Of Communication With IPC)
U1016H (Loss of Communication With PCM)

All the others showed "NO CODES" (I assume this is a good thing)

OK, now this car had only 1234 miles on it when I picked it up.
So I am going to assume that all the codes except for the one under 58-SMD (Code #B1001H) are because at some point the vehicle's battery went dead do to sitting in storage and not being driven alot. All system's communications were loss due to loss of power from the battery. Hopefully someone will see this post and verify my line of thought here (at my age any line of thought is good).

Next question: What does the "H" at the end of each of the codes mean? The list does not how any H's.

Last question: What does the 58-SDM code#B1001H mean?

Thanks for your time in helping a "newbie" to the world of Corvettes.

PS: Sure is a hoot to drive.
Polo Green, Oak Interior & Top, Performance rear end (3:15 gear), Active Handling (wish it had the active suspension...that would have been neat but begger's can't be choosers...well you can up to a point anyway)
Convertible, memory pkg,......I guess everything cept the CD changer and the active suspension...even has the Magnesium Wheels (nice touch appearance wise).
Anyway thanks for your help.

Greg in Michigan (the "newbie")

Greg C said:
Next question: What does the "H" at the end of each of the codes mean? The list does not how any H's.

The "H" simply means that it's a "History" code-- in other words, it's been fixed, so it's no longer an issue. Since all of your codes are "H" codes, you should be fine. Not sure about the battery being drained, but that sounds like a reasonable guess to me. Glad you are enjoying the Vette, and also glad you decided to drive it home after all... :D

L8r,
Fred

Thanks for the info on the "H"'s in the DTC codes. So since it is a history or fixed code I can clear them out cept for the one I don't have info on?.......

I would clear the codes and see if any repeat. Some may have been addessed in the past but others may not. Also, becuase it is a history code does not necessarily mean that the item has been addressed or fixed. I had an O2 sensor code that only showed as a history code.

Leon

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom