Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Dual Tops, Wind Noise

COEX-PILOT

Corvette
2010 Black Coupe
My new (used) Coupe came with dual tops. I think the previous owner never used the solid one, just the clear top.

I like the solid on so I put it on. Well the wind noise, especially from the driver side window is terrible!! The glass top is much quieter, almost no wind noise at all!

Looking at the top, the gaskets are in like new condition.

Is there anyting I can so to make this go away? If I take it to the dealer, will they cover the fix under warranty?

Thanks all.

Hi there,
It is possible that the other top sits slightly different than the clear one.
I have seen that more than once.
You can have adjustments done, as long as you make sure that you have the top installed, and seated correctly.
Just remember, you may have noise again when you install the other top, as the adjustments are changed again.
Allthebest, and I would contact your dealership, c4c5:hb

SO, if i understand you correctly, these adjustments are to the car side, not to the top. Therefore, if they get the solid top right, the clear top might now now fit as well as it does now.

That's a tough decision, as I really enjoy both a different times.

Interesting dialogue. I also have both tops; I took the body color top off at the dealer when I took delivery and haven't used it once! I love the tinted top. Perhaps I need to drive in the spring with the other one to see if I have the same problem!!

That would be helpful if you did that :)

I like the idea of the body color top during the colder months as it has a padded headliner, and the top rides quieter.

But given the choice, I will keep the tintied one on until I can figure out the wind noise issue.

While driving at highway speeds and the noise level is high, try gliding your finger tips along the rubber seal. See if you can feel the air, or press into the rubber seal and see if you can get the pitch to change. That will help isolate the trouble. On most cars, you can adjust the angle of the side windows which will increase or decrease the pressure against the rubber seals.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom