Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Duck..............................Incoming.

Viet Nam Vett said:
I think I did what the above quote states...;LOL

ThumbsUp.gif

67HEAVEN said:
Okay, no guesses?

Does LT-2 mean anything to anyone, besides JohnZ?

So, here's the answer.

The LT-2 was "intended" as the evolution of the ZL-1 (427). That's right. An all-aluminum 454. That's which engine the mule pulling 10.89 @ 130mph was running.

Of course you're aware that the LS-7 was the 454 version of the L-88 (427).

Did you know about the LJ-2 and LJ-1? ;)

67HEAVEN said:
Did you know about the LJ-2 and LJ-1?

Guess not. ;)

The LJ-2 was "intended" as the evolution of the L71-/L-89 (427 with 3x2 and aluminum heads) and the LJ-1 was "intended" as the evolution of the L-71 (427 with 3x2 and iron heads).

Instead of all these new engines, all we got for a big block in 1970 was the LS-5 (454/390hp/single 4bbl), simply the evolution of the L-36 (427/390hp).

What could have been. :eyerole

Things improved a bit in 1971 with the LS-6 (454/425hp), but the nose-dive really took hold in 1972.

I remember that a lot of us were waiting in anticipation for the LS6 and LS7 to arrive but they never came. I think that is why the LS6 in 1971 went by basically unnoticed was because we believed that the performance big block was a dead horse and the lower compression ratios was bigger news than an aluminum head 454.

Tom

Yeah, Tom, the writing was sure on the wall by then.

Makes me happy, in some ways. Hell, if everyone had a big block, it wouldn't be nearly as much fun to drive through the parking lots setting off the car alarms. ;)

IMG_2888-600.jpg

;LOL

67HEAVEN said:

nice picture Bob.

that was under my tent at Carlisle.
lets see, we have the notorious Mark putting on the gloves to "medically check" the sidepipes (I know i heard him ask the car to cough ;LOL ), Doug sitting in the background, Lou ( that IS Rowdy isn't it?), and me on the far right with my back turned.
Ahhhhhh, good memories of this years Carlisle :)

67HEAVEN said:
Don't you just love the way Lou is curling his tongue? What's goin' round in your brain, Lou? ;LOL

looks like he is EITHER hoping Mark was going to use the gloved hand on him OR was praying that Mark WASN'T going to use the gloved hand on him.........

;LOL ;LOL ;LOL

67HEAVEN said:
Don't you just love the way Lou is curling his tongue? What's goin' round in your brain, Lou? ;LOL

Thinking ........Heh....I'm Next..mmmmmmm:L

=67HEAVEN]What was this thread about?

Oh yeah............................

Did this car actually breathe thru those teeny tiny 1 7/8" Internal Diameter Sipde Pipes..?? Or does the artical mention an under car exhaust..??

Viet Nam Vett said:
Oh yeah............................

Did this car actually breathe those those teeny tiny 1 7/8" Internal Diameter Sipde Pipes..?? Or does the artical mention an under car exhaust..??

KoMotion was running real under-car headers. The side covers were for show.

67HEAVEN said:
KoMotion was running real under-car headers. The side covers were for show.

I just love the sound of that car. I remember it in person and the website that has it really brings back the mems.

Gerry

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom