Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Dumb Question

Bwmurph

Corvette
'59 Blk/Red, '12 Crystal Red GS
THis may sound like a pretty stupid question, but ...

Am I harming my A/C, or anything else for that matter, by driving around on these 95° / 90% humidity days with the T-Tops out and the A/C blasting ? Car is '71 T-Top with auto, base motor.

Just curious; any insight is appreciated.

PS - A friend asked "WHy would you drive around with the tops out and the A/C on ?" My answer: " Becasue I can."

Thanks,

Bernie O.

THis may sound like a pretty stupid question, but ...

Am I harming my A/C, or anything else for that matter, by driving around on these 95° / 90% humidity days with the T-Tops out and the A/C blasting ? Car is '71 T-Top with auto, base motor.

Just curious; any insight is appreciated.

PS - A friend asked "WHy would you drive around with the tops out and the A/C on ?" My answer: " Becasue I can."

Thanks,

Bernie O.
;shrug;shrug;shrugI can't see that it would hurt anything Except maybe your Wallet a little!!:thumb Would be actually be less ware on your A/C clutch,because it wouldn't be cycling all the time!!It may use a little more gas because the compressor would be running all the time and not cycling!! I know people that run around with the top down on there convertibles with the AC running,I don't know that I heard anything about convertibles having more AC related problems!!Hell it used to be a Free Country and it's your car drive it any way you want to!!:thumb:upthumbs

Yeah... you're not harming a thing.

Lagnaf / Junk,

Thanks for the reply's; yeah, I didn't think I was hurting anything, but it sure does pump a LOT of condensate water out of the evaporator or heat exchanger, or whatever the correct term is for it.

And I guess if I was THAT worried about how much I'm spending on gas I wouldn't be driving a Corvette in the first place !

Thanks guys,

Bernie O

A well made point indeed.

i yell at my wife all the time for riding around with the windows all down, sunroof open and ac blasting.... its not hurting a thing but annoys me for some reason.... maybe jealousy cause my ac doesnt work

Mikey,

Probably not. I do my part for saving the environment - My wife and I don't have any kids, thus I did not create any more polluters and I NEVER fly around in private jets ! (I'm probably really going to hear about that first comment, but, hey, that's the way I feel)

Bernie O

Mikey,

Probably not. I do my part for saving the environment - My wife and I don't have any kids, thus I did not create any more polluters and I NEVER fly around in private jets ! (I'm probably really going to hear about that first comment, but, hey, that's the way I feel)

Bernie O
Same here. My place of employment moved closer to my house, so I'm riding a bicycle to work. So I guess I'm making it worse by breathing more. :L

Mikey, trick question, right? Al Gore wouldn't send Christmas cards because they're made from trees! ;LOLOh yeah, and didn't he invent the Internet?? :eyerole

damit you stole my next al gore crack!! if it wasnt for him we wouldnt have this wonderful forum to bs in since he created the internet!;LOL

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom