Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Dumping the fan

R

rpounds

Well, we all know that we can get a few more HP by dumping the huge, heavy, power robbing stock fan. So, how about some opinions concerning running an electric fan only, without a water pump driven fan?

Thanks,

Ron

JHL

Corvette
81 4 speed
I have never had a mechanical fan on my car, I only have the electrical fan, initially I was a bit unhappy with the temp the engine reached before it kicked in but I solved that by wiring in a switch so I could turn it on maually if required.

Most modern cars dont have mechanical fans and you never thing twice about it.

J.

69MyWay

Corvette
1969 Killer Shark
I just installed the Spal fan assembly from Dewitts into my 69 and I love them. It consists of a pair of 11" electric fans in a special housing that is a direct fit for the Vette.

Electric is the way to go, you won't regret it. The Dewitt assembly will set you back about $400 for the whole shooting match. However, it comes with the engine temp sensor, relays, wires, fans, housing, mounting hardware, and good clear instructions. It is around 2,700!!!! CFM.

R

rpounds

As long as it is capable of handling stop and go traffic, air conditioning running, etc. then I guess it sounds like a good way to go.

Chris, I'm gonna check out the setup like you have on your 69. That sounds like the hot ticket (pun intended) . . . :)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Parts/Accessories:

Vetteskins

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Partners

Top Bottom