Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Dumping the fan

R

rpounds

Well, we all know that we can get a few more HP by dumping the huge, heavy, power robbing stock fan. So, how about some opinions concerning running an electric fan only, without a water pump driven fan?

Thanks,

Ron

I have never had a mechanical fan on my car, I only have the electrical fan, initially I was a bit unhappy with the temp the engine reached before it kicked in but I solved that by wiring in a switch so I could turn it on maually if required.

Most modern cars dont have mechanical fans and you never thing twice about it.

J.

I just installed the Spal fan assembly from Dewitts into my 69 and I love them. It consists of a pair of 11" electric fans in a special housing that is a direct fit for the Vette.

Electric is the way to go, you won't regret it. The Dewitt assembly will set you back about $400 for the whole shooting match. However, it comes with the engine temp sensor, relays, wires, fans, housing, mounting hardware, and good clear instructions. It is around 2,700!!!! CFM.

As long as it is capable of handling stop and go traffic, air conditioning running, etc. then I guess it sounds like a good way to go.

Chris, I'm gonna check out the setup like you have on your 69. That sounds like the hot ticket (pun intended) . . . :)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom