Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Dust 'em

WLS Ruby 93

Corvette
1998 Torch Red Coupe
Living on a gravel road which is a mile long to the hard top has its challenges especially keeping cars clean. I have been using a California Duster on the Vette for some time with great success. Each time I return home, going VERY slowly for the last mile, I wipe down the car once it is in the barn and it stays sparkling clean.
I have recently started using a "Swiffer" duster for the wheels, exhaust tips and the vents on either side of the exhaust tips. It works great and it takes about 10-15 dustings before I switch to a new duster pad. The cheaper ones that can be bought in a dollar type store work just as well as the brand name variety.
The duster also works well on the interior so I keep one under the seat for those "Dust emergencies".
If you haven't thought of this before give it a try.

Keep 'em rollin' :W
Bill

Good advice, Bill!
Although I live just off a paved road, I have about 400 feet of gravel road to my front yard. It's not too dusty most of the time, except during very dry weather. I drive slowly and keep a large California duster in the trunk to dress it up between washings. I have a smaller duster and detail brush for the interior.

I hadn't thought about a swifter duster for the rims... thanks for the suggestion!

:wJane Ann

I've been using the Swiffer Duster on my wheels for quite a while. Before that, it was a challenge to reach all the brake dust that accumulated. I credit the very good condition of our chrome wheels to being able to get the brake dust off after just about every drive. Glad to see that you've discovered that nice little trick to clean wheels! :)

Elaine

Ladies,

Thanks for the response, and a suggestion.

If your man is troubled about using a Swiffer just tell him it's a "Tool" and all will be right in the universe, my wife agrees.

Keep 'em rollin' ..... :W

... and dusted. :chuckle

Bill

Swiffer Duster..... you come across the neatest ideas on the forums :beer

Dusty Dirt Roads

Wow, I thought I was the only one who had to suffer the side effects of a gravel road! Thank God for the California Duster:thumb Thanks Bill for the great idea about the Swiffer! Using a rag and cleaner takes too long on the wheels.

More dust 'em

I forgot to add that sometimes I use a can of "Dust Off" or a similar product for really dusty wheels. This is a product that most normal people use to clean electronic components but a few short blasts at a wheel and then the use of the Swiffer cuts down on cleaning time.

If you use the canned air in short bursts a full can goes a long way.

If things are really dusty there is always my leaf blower for the first round.

Keep 'em rollin' :W
Bill

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom