Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

dyno data, ported TPI,vs MINIRAM, vs,STEALTHRAM

Personally, I would like to see the Stealth Ram box welded to the the base. I don't know what the thickness of the current box is, but I would say at least 1/4" thickness would be minimum.

I've been running Mini Rams now, for over 12 years. In my opinion one of the best EFI intake designs around, so much that the basic design is used by non other than GM with their LT1 and LT4 motors.

8388 said:
Personally, I would like to see the Stealth Ram box welded to the the base. I don't know what the thickness of the current box is, but I would say at least 1/4" thickness would be minimum.

I've been running Mini Rams now, for over 12 years. In my opinion one of the best EFI intake designs around, so much that the basic design is used by non other than GM with their LT1 and LT4 motors.

So was that your Callaway with a Miniram that had motor pictures on the TPiS website?

-=Jeff=- said:
So was that your Callaway with a Miniram that had motor pictures on the TPiS website?

Nope that was not mine, all though thru the years I've had a few Mini Rams, I guess I keep going back to them because they offer the type of performance I'm looking for.

Here's my current application :
site1045.jpg

Sam, where can I find some of that ducting like you have feeding the huffer? I need something to replace the intake tube on mine because I eliminated the MAF and now need a longer piece. :confused

_ken :CAC

If we're talking about the polished pipe that you see in place of where the MAF goes ? That's just a piece of 3" ID stainless pipe I cut to size and polished with a bit with Mothers polish.

Oh don't laugh now ;LOL but I bought that at Home Depot. In their Shop Vac section. The piece actually starts at the front air dam, which I modified using other Vac parts. It actually looks pretty good, but more importantly it is functional.

I'm not laughing. My mechanic told me that's where he found some, but I couldn't find it. Guess I'll have to go back and look again. I hate Home Depot! :hb

Thanks Sam. :upthumbs

_ken :w

Hey guys, a little off track here...but...

I just decided to slap the stock manifold on the car to see if it will even run. I did just rebuild the whole motor...and dropped it in with no idea the status of the computer,...etc.

I heard it grunt for a few seconds last night. No water, no exhaust, and half the wires hanging loose.

I can't find the sensor for the right head, or the wire that went to it. I have a half dozen other wires I can't match up.

Remember, I bought the car back with the motor scattered all over the place...and the harness chopped up.

So...what will make this really cool, is I will be able to base line it, then the intake swap can be quantified.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom