Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Dyno #'s, 1/4 times, etc. for NEW C5's please

Most beautiful car---

MABE IT LOOKS SO GOOD , BECAUSE IT'S MINE, BUT I STILL HAVE NOT SEEN ANY CAR THAT I LIKE BETTER.

Today I ran two 0-60 mph @ 4.82 using a g-Tech . I am looking for a long safe stretch of road to do the 1/4 mile . I will let you know .
Thanks,
Joe

I went 4.52 this morning , I went out to pick up the paper .
Thanks ,
Joe

Sounds Good O2-C5,

Getting under 5 Allll-rightttt !!! We sure don't have a problem with traction. Ithink that's pretty amazing too.

Just ran the dyno on Saturday (1/12/02)

She got 357 rwhp and 358 rwtq SAE corrected.

Only mods are Donaldson Blackwing air intake and and 2002 Z06 cats.

Great dyno #'s
I am very happy with the 0-60 times , What are some of you others getting ?
Thanks,
Joe

Those are some good numbers

Rollin black ---you are rollin!!!! Those numbers are better than the stock zo6;s I;ve seen. Your Black Wing &cats really opened it up. I'll bet a new MAF will net another 8 to 10. A friend told me to invest in a translater with the MAF. Makes good since to me.

Hello Les.

Thanks for the info on the MAF. I need a few more mods to match the 02's around here :)

g-tech

Ihave seen g-tech mentioned a few times what is it? and how does it work? Thanks

A gtech is a thing that sticks on your windshield and supposedly tells you all sorts of stuff about you car, 0-60, 1/4 mile, horsepower, etc. Costs ~$100. They're not very accurate, it will give you a ballpark figure though...

Through 3 Porsches and one Vette I have found the G-tech to very accurate. It is an amazing product for the cost.

CSDMagred01 said:
Through 3 Porsches and one Vette I have found the G-tech to very accurate. It is an amazing product for the cost.

Of all gtech numbers I've seen people post there were always discripencies between them and other testing methods. I think most of all trap speeds were off.

I have used 3 different G-tech's , burrowed others than finally bought my own . They all have read the same in all cars , and 1/4 times where acurate and MPH was off at the track , but at the track they average the last 60 feet , so 60 feet before the finsh line there is a censor and at the end of the 1/4 theres a censor and they average those speeds together for 1/4 speed , Why I do not know . So that is why the G-tech differs a little . I love my G-tech , I have tested in cars ranging from 17 sec E.T."s to 12 sec E.T.'s I is also a good tuning tool, rather drive to track that is 50 miles away on a Saturday .
Thanks ,
Joe

Yes, your friend is right. Especially by the dyno #'s I've seen presented here. Most new T/A's and Comaros dyno at about 315-320rwhp. I know the new 2002 Vettes are supposed to be running like 350rwhp though. I doubt any F-body will touch you in one of those. I'm really surprised to see such low Vette #'s. But I love the looks of the new ones. i really hate the Z06 wheels they put on there though, those things are disgusting. I'd get some19" 5 spoke wheels for the rear and some 18" chrome 5 spoke wheels for the front.

What are your guys best E/T's????

any body else notice that the red vette in the second post has Z06 rims in only one of the pics? not important, just noticed it.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom