Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Dynomax or borla mufflers?

nelson84

Corvette
84 Z51 two tone bronze coupe 85 black on black
Dynomax ultra flo SS$379 or Borla mufflers $386?

I heard the borlas don't fit well, and they resonate?

Will dynomax out flo the borla?

Which sounds better?

Nelson84, I tried the dynomax ultra's on my 1988, and had to return them. Great sound from the rear, but interior noise was way too high. The fit wasn't the best, but the muffler itself looked like it was well made. I installed a new rear y-pipe with balance tube which didn't seem to help either.

I put Borla Stingers on my 02 & they are great. While cruising you can hardly hear them but under acceleration they have a great throaty rumble. Also they were a cinch to install about 1 hr.

I have had dynamax and magnaflow mufflers. They both were about the same. Construction is good on them. They do have resonate alot. I contribute most of it due to the rest of the 3" exhaust, and the use of headers.They do sound awesome though. I think the magnaflows are a little bit quieter.

I have Borlas on mine and they tend to resonate at about 40mph under light acceleration, but the "window" is only about +/- 5mph. Above or below that, they have a deep, sweet sound that only gets better under full acceleration. :upthumbs

I replaced the factory mufflers with Borla (not stinger) on my C4. The fit is not bad. They are a bit "short" in the rear hanger strap but a little elbow grease can correct. As for the sound... One man's purring is an others PITA. Mine resonate all the time.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom