Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

E4ME air horn gasket

Corvette
1981 white/blue interior automatic
Anybody know where I can get an E4ME air horn gasket? Looks like I need to replace my TPS, and while I'm in there I might as well change the gasket as it appears to be leaking (see photos of wet gasket). Thanks!

-Tatortot

20150315_165000424_iOS_zpstqymns5v.jpg

20150315_164941031_iOS_zpszab57qsp.jpg

That looks like a good parts source.

Ask Cliff Ruggles for a few! He also has a thicker one if you need to open and alter thing inside the carb alot.

Greetings Peter

I have an Edelbrock Performer intake on the engine, and I'm wondering if this base gasket look like the normal thickness, or does this seem thicker than normal? Thanks.

e4b94408-d550-4a94-817a-fca0ca90e922_zpsqfdrbroc.jpg

I just dug up the records I have on my 'vette. Looks like the carb was rebuilt and a new TPS was put in 12 years ago, and 12k miles. I wonder if the modern gas has caused an issue?

I found this kit on eBay. My carb is a 17081222. Does this look like a good kit to get?

Also, I need special fuel line wrenches to disconnect the fuel line at the back of the carb, correct? Anybody know what size? Thanks.

Last edited:
No way to see in a picture if the kit is good or not. Judging by the price don't expect to much from it. If you like to do it right the first time around then there're better kits for the job. Fuel line is a normal wrench. 7/8 and 1" if I'm correct.

Greetings Peter

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom