Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

E4ME questions........again

Yellow81vette

Corvette
Yellow L81
I purchased a carburetor from guaranteed carburetors 10 years ago and could never get it to work properly. I sent mine in for the core which was a very bad mistake. The carburetor they sent me was from a 1984 gmc truck.
When I disassembled it recently the rich mixture stop screw was screwed in all the way and frozen up. I could never turn it to adjust.

I purchased a 1981 carburetor 17081228 1321 FOX several years ago. Now I am rebuilding it to install on the Vette. IMG_20210131_141954.jpgIMG_20210212_214101.jpg

I have a couple of questions. 1-The manual says not to install the choke gasket because of grounding issues. I've used it with a gasket in the past with no issues. 2- Does anyone use the plastic insert that installs below the m/c solenoid?

I have another Carburetor 17081228 1321 FOX that I am going to be rebuilding also.
The 1984 GMC Carb on the Vette, will be for sale minus the choke pull off and the a/c idle solenoid.

Last edited:
I've never had to do any carb work on ours yet. Seems like the choke would be grounded through the screws.

Tom

Leave the gasket off for electric choke. If stovepipe (hot air) you need to put the gasket in for it to work properly. Always put back in any shields in carburetor. GM spent a lot of money and people who a lot smarter than us to develop and design those parts.

there is an excellent video on you tube about rebuilding the quads.the guy is a pro at it.check it out.it may help.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom