Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Eagle F1 GS-D3 - just bought 2 front tires, can't get rears!

LegendRacer

Corvette
1999 Torch Red Coupe
Ok, need some help here. Have a 99 C5 with the original tires on it, 15K and even though they pass inspection I am adding more ponies under the hood and want a good set of rubber on the ground. I found a pair of NEW never mounted Eagle F1 GS-D3's which I bought earlier this week. Now comes my dilemma, they don't make this tire ANYMORE! It has been replaced with the Eagle F1 Asymetrical which has a totally different tread pattern. Several questions...can I run different tread patterns between front and rear? Is there a tire out there that anyone recommends that has a similar tread pattern of the GS-D3? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Jason

There are some Corvette specialty yards that may be able to find two of the matching tires, however be careful on tire dates. Tires can become unusable due to date of manufacture as opposed to wear. See it all the time on motorhomes where the tires go out by date with a ton of tread left on them.

Vettenuts is correct, you do not want to run a tire that is over 10 years old, check the born on date of the tires you just bought.

You can run mismatched tires on your vehicle if you want to, it's your vehicle and your choice. But it is absolutely never recommended.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom