Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Eating crow

Bobsvette

Corvette
2019 Torch Red Grand Sport
O.K. Here goes, A while back not to long ago I put in a post to johnnyk, when he was buying a white C-5, to get right to the point I said I wasn't worried about driving in the rain, These car's are built well and I'm not concerned with the electronic's. Man was I wrong. Last thur. had some intense rain storms come thru and my wife was driving the 99 home from work, fine made it home safe, car ran great(as alway's), parked for the night. Next day she comes home from work and say's one of her tire pressure monitors must be shot it was reading xxx for the left front,(alway's read's 30) My first thought was the battery died in the wheel but later that evening we had to go out,we took her car and when I started it the first thing I looked at was the DIC, air pressure was fine all four corners but then I noticed that the oil pressure guage was pegged at 600kpa(This car was built for canada) On the DIC it was showing me 192 p.s.i. The water temp climbed up to 226 degrees before falling back to 192,in the DIC,I don't remember what whe guage in the dash said (that one is metric also) this car never went above 192 before, as we drove it the water temp kept rising and falling and oil pressure stayed pegged.I quess what I'm getting at is this look's like a grounding problem because the car isn't running hot and it's not pushing oil out. Just wanted to revise my comment on drivivg in the rain and electronic's on the C-5. P.S. Anybody else out there have a C-5 that was built to be sold in canada?:ugh

Mine was built in BG and it was perrrrrfect .Driven in heavy rain for hour .Even been Dragon tested in the rain.

Yep yours must have been built in the Ontario plant.

Bob - no need to eat crow. This stuff happens with all sorts of cars I would imagine.

I can't offer a whole heck of a lot in terms of technical support but I do wish you best of luck getting this squared a way.

sounds like some connectors got a little water in them somewhere. I'll bet it clears itself up in a week or so after they dry out.
good luck

sounds like some connectors got a little water in them somewhere. I'll bet it clears itself up in a week or so after they dry out.
good luck

My Jaguar got wet when the windshield repair guy neglicted to bring a tarp to the jobsite. Of course it started raining INTO my car. The dash and the floor was soaked. There was about an inch of water on the floor. We had a few gremlins for a few days until she dried out. After a detail/ozone all was OK.

good luck

I agree. Mine usually does not see rain. Then in Bowling Green at the C5/C6 Bash it sat out all night in rain. Next morning, the DIC was acting very strange. After it all dried out, it returned to its normal docile behaviour. I hate to say it, but I plan to avoid rain as best I can. :eek:hnoes

I had a phantom electrical "glytch" happen while I was driving in heavy rain last week.

The drivers side door controls all got hot to the touch. There was a tiny real minor drip from the upper door seal but hardly an issue. Passenger side was cool, only other thing of note was that I did have a few things plugged in to the lighter.

More electronic baloney just = more to go wrong in my book. I can roll up my own damned windows thanks.

:)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom