Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Ecklers Door to Door Front End

C

Chucks82

Hi Guys,

Anyone use the this front end? My vet was stolen before I got it and
the light area was broken. I was looking at the smt top surround which
will work fine but the door to door hand layed part is cheaper with less
work, or so it seems. Just wanted some feedback if possible;)

Thanks Chuck

I have not used the door-to-door front end from Eckler's, but the quality of their fiberglass is usually very good. Eckler's makes a lot of their own body panels, some from the original GM molds.

My advice would be not to do more work than you need to do. If you only need a hood surround panel, there is no need to replace the entire doghouse. Eckler has a fiberglass repair book and video and the Glas-Ra series is good.
http://www.glas-ra.com/v3_4.html

:)

The door to door is by far the Strongest because it is 1 piece!!! It also requires less Finish work!!! I've installed 100's in my life time,from 63's to 82's!!!:upthumbs

Thanks Mike, I was at their shop the other day and ordered a new glass tail panel. The smt surround is over $1,200 and the door to door is $1050 and
less work as you don't have to seperate the pieces or deal with the bonding
strips. Just didn't know if they held up and installation issues.

I have a lot of glasswork behind me so that is not a problem;)

The door to door is by far the Strongest because it is 1 piece!!! It also requires less Finish work!!! I've installed 100's in my life time,from 63's to 82's!!!:upthumbs

Thanks Jesse, 100s? wow!

Had any issues with Ecklers fit?

Thanks Chuck

I bought the one piece front glass for my 70 coupe from Ecklers, worked beautifully..... getting the SOB in position before the glue turns to rock is the fun part, but it did turn out nice..........

Thanks Jesse, 100s? wow!

Had any issues with Ecklers fit?

Thanks Chuck
Not any more than with GM!!! All older Corvettes Fit Screwed up some where!!!;LOLThere all just a little different somewhere in that respect!!!:beer Just clean the bonding area's and fit it first, I use screws and clamps to hold it in place!! Couple here and there and I put the hood back on so I can make sure I got it where I want it,Then I take it back apart and Bond it!!! I use Fuser by Lord ((they make several kinds for application with different working times,Get the slowest so you have plenty of time to get the screws and clamps back in!!))now days for Bonding instead of mixing by hand!!!:upthumbs

PS You'll Need at least 1 Crony!!!!!:D:D:D

PS You'll Need at least 1 Crony!!!!!:D:D:D

I assume this means a friend that doesn't consume too much beer until after the damage is done to the car...............

I assume this means a friend that doesn't consume too much beer until after the damage is done to the car...............
;LOL;LOL;LOL:rotfl Yep!!!:beer PS.It sounds a little easier than it is,it will take you probly a couple GOOD weekends to do the Clean up,Fitting, and Bonding!!

No problem. I control the beer ration at my garage. One sippin slow while work is in progress. Celebration time after that!!

:)

;LOL;LOL;LOL:rotfl Yep!!!:beer PS.It sounds a little easier than it is,it will take you probly a couple GOOD weekends to do the Clean up,Fitting, and Bonding!!

Great, I just got off the phone with them and got the last one that's ready to go:)

You mean panel fitting is a problem:chuckle
I could tell you stories on my Chevelle and Nova:eyerole

Thanks for the help guys:beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom