Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Ecklers Seats

grumpyvette

I WANT TO KNOW IF ANYONE HAS ORDERED THE MOUNTED SEAT COVERS THAT ECKLERS LISTS IN THEIR CATALOG, THEY SAY YOU JUST SNAP OFF YOUR OLD SEATS AND SNAP IN THE NEW SEATS(MOUNTED COVERS ON THE FOAM ALREADY)INTO YOU EXISTING SEAT FRAMES(YEA RIGHT!) WHATS REALY INVOLVED IN REPLACEING SEATS? ENGINES I KNOW, INTERIORS I DON,T HAVE A CLUE! THEY WANT $1050 FOR LEATHER AND /OR $749 FOR VINYL, HOW DO YOU REMOVE AND REPLACE THE SEAT PADS? HOW DIFFICULT IS IT? ANY OTHER INFO?

Ecklers Seat and Seat Covers

Hey Dude!
I had bought the leather seat covers for my 74 Coupe. I took the seats out, and took them and the covers to a Upholstry SHop.....a small one at that, and they charged me 60.00 to do both seats. They did a great job. Well worth the money, and risk of ruining the leather myself. I picked them up...bolted them back in....and....WAHLAH......NEW SEATS.

RIKO

Not sure about the back of the seat...but the bottom is a slice....just reach under the front of the seat, there is a wire clip about the size of coat hanger material just push it towards the back and the bottom lifts up from the front.

They backs really do just snap in place.......the only problem is if u accidentally bend the clips on the seat frame..........they are U shaped clips (the open part of the U's are pointed toward center)that engage the "wire" on the pad back.......BTW Ecklers is too expensive....I think Corvette America or some other vendor was alot cheaper

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom