Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! ECM - search brought up nothing, but

falconfling

Corvette
1993 white ZR, 1993 zr anni., 03 anni.
an old post for the c4 tech forum ( 2011 ) has a discussion of remfg ecms available from gm.....
My dealer knows nothing about this, and didn't know anything in 2013 either....

Is there still a source for these ?

Good Luck

an old post for the c4 tech forum ( 2011 ) has a discussion of remfg ecms available from gm.....
My dealer knows nothing about this, and didn't know anything in 2013 either....

Is there still a source for these ?

I was able to obtain one from a local Chevy dealer BUT we (the parts manager & I) believe it was the only one "remanufactured" by them.
It was only listed in the on-line parts catalog for a few days and was removed just after I bought mine about August 2013.
Good luck on your search to find another one.

BEDrowne
Living large in the Finger Lakes

Replacement ECM

Rockauto.com has these for less than $150

Note that this does NOT include a new prom. The one I bought included the prom and the dealer did all the extra work of security codes, etc.

I also learned late this past summer that GM counted on the prom lasting about 10 years before it would have to be replaced.
I now have a new prom in my old ECM, resolving a few problems that were not cured by any other parts replacement (parts that needed to be replaced after 12+ years and 105,000 miles).

I do agree with HIB to make sure the ECM is really the problem before going through the effort and $$ of replacing it.

92 coupe in PoloGreen

Note that this does NOT include a new prom. The one I bought included the prom and the dealer did all the extra work of security codes, etc.

.....I also learned late this past summer that GM counted on the prom lasting about 10 years before it would have to be replaced.

I question the validity that GM only expected the PROM to last only 10-12 years. It is not a wear issue. One of the problems on the PROM is that the contacts could loosen. Most frequently, removing and re-seating it solves the problem.

There is no question that having the dealer do the job is much easier. It all depends on if you are willing to spend that level of money.

Last edited:

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom