Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Eeek! A mouse!

NC 50anny said:
This guy had a problem with someone stealing his firewood. So he drilled a hole in the end of a log, filled it with gun powder, plugged it with plastic wood and placed it back on the stack. Like I said, he was a little strange.

I LOVE IT!!!!

Got one! I had a pretty good day today and my mouse gun wasn't ready so I'm practicing "Catch and release". I think he's the only one so if he's dumb enough to come back I doubt I'll be so kind. He ended up in the field across the road. Besides, I think I need to be more creatice than a mouse gun. Also, a (gasp) Ford fan friend of mine pointed out the irony that I had a mouse on my mouse. I was fairly impressed he knew 350's were mice. Just thought I'd share that cuz it gave me a chuckle.

Congrats Bob! But remember the line from the new Star Wars movie: There are always two, a master and an apprentice. Let us know if you find any more. And if you pursue the mouse launcher, I definitely want to see pictures!

Semper Fidelis,
Culprit

Got a second one last night. Set out another trap before I left for work but haven't gotten aroung to checking it yet. I'm not so concerned about the amster and apprentice, I just don't want a whole clone army to fight against!

<with a wave of the hand> "These aren't the mice you're looking for."

May the Force be with you,
Culprit

I have a friend, whose cottage we used to go to in the wintertime. Everything was stashed in tin containers so the mice wouldn't get into them. We went up one weekend, and found the mice had eaten the only thing around. A BAR OF IVORY SOAP!!! :L

I like glue traps, but they only work in warm weather.
My cat serves well in the garage, she got a big one yesterday, but the kitty slide marks on the hood are hard to deal with.:cry

I store my car in a barn over winter. I used to sprinkle moth balls inside the car and under the hood. It seems like the moth balls attract mice. I always found signs of there presents, plus it took all summer to get rid of the moth ball smell. I friend told me to try fabric softener sheets ie Bounce, etc. This year I did and no signs of mice plus the car smells great.

Bob_K said:
I was headed out to the garage tonight and say a mouse scurry under my carb (hood was left open earlier). Any creative ideas on how to get rid of the mouse, make sure there are no more, and not attract millions of ants or other unwanted pests with the bait?

I figure my options are:

1) mousetrap with cheese or peanut butter
2) a cat, then a dog for the cat, then what for the dog?
3) leave it there for 3 months until I have wheels on again then see if it can hang on at 100mph
4) 12 guage with buckshot (hard to not hit the car though)
5) antifreeze left in the garage
6) torch the car and the rodent with it (also saves me the trouble of rebuilding the engine)

On second thought, the last one is NOT an option.
I got Squirrels running around over the top of mine. Footprints everywhere.....

Good news, it's been almost a week since I got my last one. I may have gotten them all!

Sticky traps are fine, but you still have a live rodent to dispose of. Use traps and peanut butter. Use "Victor" traps. You get a better trap. Statistics are my business and you get a better kill ratio with Victors.

I agree with the coments on the electronic gizmos. Just a waste of time and money. Had one sitting right in front of a trap that got a mouse.

Poison is also good because they take it back to the nest and the rest of the family. I keep both out all the time.

Happy hunting............

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom