Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

EEK! Quarter Panel Removal Procedure

rdgfx3

Corvette
2008 Silver Coupe
Please let me sound off first.
A person who is driving down a major interstate (I-30)no traffic,clear skies,begins to suffer vehicle failure.Do they:
A.Pull over to the shoulder of the highway.
B.Make an attempt to get the car off the highway while it is still moving.
C.Let the car come to a complete stop in the center left lane,while 'El Fabuloso' continues to blast catchy accordian music(?)from the Kraco.

I,and I am certain the other members of this board choose to get our vehicles as far off the highway as possible.It is what I as a red blooded American refer to as 'COMMON SENSE'!!

OK that said,here's the story.

Driving across I-30 a couple of Saturdays ago,I and several other motorists,put the general public in mortal danger by driving (gasp)70 in a 65mph zone.I am behind a large generic SUV,with what I felt was a safe distance.Suddenly,the SUV jerks to the left(Damn lucky it didn't flip IMHO)and I am bearing down at 70 MPH on a dead Firebird .
Without enough reaction time to even hit the brakes,I jerk the wheel to the left.Rear end swings out,and my pristine 90 coupe suffers a torn off bumper,a mangled quarter panel,a scuffed up wheel and a bent tie rod.:cry

I consider myself the luckiest guy of the moment.I could have been looking at the radio and drilled that ******** at 70MPH...

Full coverage insurance on my property.After all,I'm a red blooded American.

No insurance,no license,no ID,no green card,no common sense,no right to be in OUR UNITED STATES OF AMERICA is what the pilot of the Firebird has to offer.:rOh,and 7:00 AM on Saturday morning and he's:drink

However,my fear of insurance companys has me living this life.IF IT AIN'T DESTROYED,DON"T FILE A CLAIM.:hbI can't help it,I'm afraid they will cancel me and my rates will go sky high.I may be wrong but I'm not filing over something I*believe* I can repair with the help of a couple of friends.

Anyhoo,replaced the tie rod and both ends,straightening the wheel,pulled the back bumper off,which incidently is a 91-96 style,and would like to just go ahead replace both rear quarters.

It took this long to get to my question.:(
How are the rear quarters removed?GM manual doesn't go into that.;help

I can't help you Richard, but I offer my condolences. Not many people have, or use, the rudimentary skill that we used to call "common sense" anymore. :mad

_ken

Their glued on! the shop manual tells how to replace them.

Correct.Bonded on securely I might add.

However,I have the GM shop manual,and I don't find the procedure.It has dang near everything else you need.But then again,I can't find my keys when they're right in front of me sometimes,so I'll have another look.

Anybody else have any resources?

The procedure is definately not in the 1990 GM service manual.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom