Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

EGR switch connector

R

Ric86Vert

I'm new to this forum- Hello to all vette addicts. Me included. I have an 86 vert. Trying to replace the EGR switch. The switch is easy to replace- BUT - the wire connection is impossible to get at. Mine is located behind the distributor, can't get it and don't want to pull the distributor. I can't be the only one who ever replaced this switch. Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks

This might sound obvious

Just pull the distrib cap.. will that give you enough room?

Mike

PITA, ain't it? I got to my plug by reaching from the left side (driver side). ;)

_ken :w

Isn't it great, pulling the distributor cap can help, pulling the distributor realy helps, working with a long thin screw driver with a hooked piece of wire works also, having very long thin fingers also is a real help. There is no easy way unless you have done a lot of them and can work with a long thin screwdriver and a bent piece of coat hanger. And just when you think you have it figured out they move the connector under the EGR cross over pipe on the 89s and anyone can do it. Good Luck, I feel your pain......

David Fulcher

Well, after much frustration. I cut the wire and used a quick connect. Taped it up so it looks good and keeps out moisture. Both wires are 16 gauge strand so why not??? Ran good after. Hope this works, it's a real pain to get at that switch. I thought of this after seeing this setup in one of the vette catalogs. They sell it with a quick connect.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom