Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

EGR Vacuum Solenoid

joli

Corvette
1982 Bright Shiny White
This is the first part that I am having a hard time finding. I have an 82 with cross fire injection. The engine had been idling high all of the time at 1,000 rpms, I've got it down to about 700 after making what adjustments that I could, but to me it is still too high. You may know that with the cross fire there are no idle adjustments, at least none that I am aware of and there are many emmision parts that may or may not have anything to do with the high idle. While snooping around under the hood and testing the EGR valve I notied that the valve goes up and down freely and when the diaphram of the EGR is pushed up the idle goes to where it should be, so I traced the vacuum hose to what I've found to be the EGR Vacuum Solenoid and noticed that one of the two vacuum hoses that are connected by it that 1 of them was split at the conection and the solenoid is so old and brittle that when I went to repair the split it was beginning to fall apart in my hands. If you have any leads on where I can find the part (OEM#199712; 1997925) it certainly would be greatly appreciated. They use to have them at Auto Zone, but they no longer have them. Thanks all, and have a great Christmas! :beer;help

Hi!

Is this it? Description is EGR Valve Relay for the 82.. LINK

Or maybe call Doc Rebuild, he should have what you're looking for..

Couldnt find a EGR Solenoid.. Weird.

:w
-Stefan

Wish it was

Unfortunately it is not the part. I've attached a picture of the part which shows you what exactly looks like. But thank you for taking the time to look, I appreciate it.:thumb

Try NAPA (in the store, i'd bet).. See if they can have this one for you..

LINKy

PS: No guarentees this works, not an expert, but this is what showed up after searching their site for a 1982 Corvette EGR Solenoid. ;)

-Stefan

Try NAPA (in the store, i'd bet).. See if they can have this one for you..

LINKy

PS: No guarentees this works, not an expert, but this is what showed up after searching their site for a 1982 Corvette EGR Solenoid. ;)

-Stefan

Stefan, that's the part, awesome thank you...I'll go and order it today.

Stefan, that's the part, awesome thank you...I'll go and order it today.

Nope, went to NAPA it is no longer avialable, it has been phased out, back to square one...I'm looking to see if a later years will work, wish me luck.

I looked up to see if an 81 would fit and they don't, from what I can tell have a egr vacuum solenoid, the closest year that I can find one os for a 92, it seems similar and it appears that I may be able to modify it to fit, hopefully it will work.
Thanks and have a great Holiday

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom