Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

News: Elderly man totals limited edition $75,000 Corvette after trying to drive through Arizona floodwaters

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
Elderly man totals limited edition $75,000 Corvette after trying to drive through Arizona floodwaters and getting washed a mile downstream
  • The unidentified man is lucky to be alive after getting caught up in dangerous floodwaters on Sunday
  • But his prized 2013 limited 60th anniversary edition Corvette - valued at $75,000 - is ruined after getting washed downstream for a mile
By David Mccormack
Daily Mail Online
PUBLISHED: 08:19 EST, 23 July 2013

article-2375101-1AF41A4C000005DC-746_634x296.jpg

An elderly man is lucky to be alive after foolishly attempting to drive his low slung $75,000 Corvette through extremely dangerous floodwaters in Arizona.

The incident happened on Sunday morning after a storm rolled through the Phoenix area bringing half an inch of rain and heavy runoff from nearby mountains filled the usually dry wash.

While most drivers turned around when the saw the approaching waters, the unidentified man attempted to keep driving his sports car but ended up getting carried downstream.

Full Story: Elderly man totals limited edition 75,000 dollar Corvette after trying to drive through Arizona floodwaters and getting washed a mile downstream | Mail Online

WOW - Ya can't outrun stupid...

"While most drivers turned around when the saw the approaching waters, the unidentified man attempted to keep driving his sports car..."

:rotfl​

"For Sale, 2012 Corvette" To much car for the owner to handle.

Monsoon season is not a good time to be driving around in such a low profile vehicle....not to mention the stupidity of trying to drive through a road that's washed out....

In Arizona, some of the roads are storm drains or they are paved right at the wash level instead of being built up and over the level of the wash. So, the road may not be "washed out" - just underwater.

Either way, the driver was pretty dumb to try and drive through it.

Looks like there will be a set of Grand Sport wheels and tires for sale soon. I'd be careful of buying a used LS3 in the Pheonix area this year though.

We have lots of elderly folks driving vette's here, perfectly understandible :L

We have lots of elderly folks driving vette's here, perfectly understandible :L
:thumb

Hell to some I may seem "Elderly" :chuckle I remember years ago when I thought 30 was "Elderly" ;LOL I don't recall seeing or reading just how OLD this Elderly Man was :werd: :gap :boogie

Bud
:w

I've seen it happen in Ocean City, Md when the bay floods. Having lived through a major flood, best advice I can give everyone is STAY OUT OF THE WATER! How did this guy live so long being so dumb?:grinshot

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom