Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Elect. Problem

JOV

Corvette
2019 ZR1 Blade Silver Metalic
Has anyone had this problem, my 2000 C5 that I bought new the passenger side door power window and auto lock quit working then as I headed home the DIC displayed Reduce Engine Power, shocks inoperative, low fuel, sevice tcs service tire moniter system, ect, ect, I shut it down then retrieved about 30 codes all starting with a U and ending with an H example U1016H. I restarted the engine and all was back to normal except the functions on the pass side door. I opened and closed the door 3 times and all the elect. fuctions returned. My optima battery is 3 years old and voltage is 12.5 and has not failed me in the years, Connections are clean and tight at the battery and at the PCM in the footwell and fuse box. Maybe my battery is going bad or a faulty ground !! Any advise would be welcomed and thanks in advance !!!!!

You can try to pull the accordian tube you see when you open the door. Look for a connector. Make sure connections are fine and clean. Also check for shaft wire.

Most of the time we see that problem, it is on the driver door. But you can give it a try. I read last week a guy who had the same problem, reduce engine power and driver door with no power, but it was the battery. Since your battery is not too old, you may give a try to the door connector.

JOV,
We have a useful thread on how to pull and interpret codes HERE. I did a quick search:

U1016 Loss of Communications with PCM
The "H" indicates it's a history code, but I'm guessing the "history" means it wasn't a problem at the particular time you pulled codes, not that the problem has gone away.

I'm no expert on the electrical system here, but it seems likely to me that there are two possibilities. The short Vette747 spoke about, or that your battery may be going down. We've had numerous threads about how these cars begin behaving in a really spooky way when the battery starts to die on you.

Ken is right- three years of regular use is about the lifespan you can reasonably expect to get out of a battery here. I would start by replacing the battery and see if that fixes the problems your getting. If it doesn't, then it seems it's time to start looking for a short.

Good luck, and keep us informed what you find.

:w
-Patrick

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom