Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

electic fan ?

Dual 12 inch SPAL HP fans on an aluminum radiator with a custom shroud.

:)

Richard

I think I'll give this a try. I know it at least fits. they go for $147
tom

Single Permacool 16". Fabricated my own brackets. Did not like the through rad plastic ties.

Cools my 383 without a problem.

Glene242,
Are you using a shroud?
i was looking at the permacool or the be cool, but I couldn't find one with a shroud for under $200. Are you using some type of fan relay harness.
tom

Glene242,
Are you using a shroud?
i was looking at the permacool or the be cool, but I couldn't find one with a shroud for under $200. Are you using some type of fan relay harness.
tom

No shroud. Painless fan wiring harness #30102. This fan pulls relatively low amps. Permacool #19115.

Fan comes with 4 feet that have stick on rubber. I mounted the fan with the feet against the rad like the instructions showed. Blades are close to the rad and pull a good amount of air.

I also am running a BB 4? tube copper/brass rad core on my '76.

I think I have a 17" pusher that comes on when I turn on the AC. I seem to remember searching around to find one that moved a good amount of CFM and didn't make a bunch of noise, it has it's own shroud. Stupid thing draws lots of AMPs, so I have an upgraded Alternator (probably the same one that would be in your '80). I needed to get my condenser cooler to lower the head pressure on my AC so the front seal wouldn't blow.

Otherwise my 383 runs perfectly cool with the bone stock cooling system in any weather at anytime. The BS about early C3's running hot was exactly that, BS. The only time my car runs hot is if something is wrong. You have an '80, I can't imagine they had cooling issues. What do I know.

I'm not having a cooling issue as of yet, heck I haven't even got it started yet.:D I am going to a serp set up from an 88 vette, and need an electric fan.
tom

Mike,
All your using is the aux fan from an L82, no steel fan also? Interesting, I have one of those in my basemsnt thought that it wouldn't be enough.:bash
tom

Mike,
All your using is the aux fan from an L82, no steel fan also? Interesting, I have one of those in my basemsnt thought that it wouldn't be enough.:bash
tom

Nope. I'm running the stock L-82 set up; steel fan, stock shroud, and the auxiliary electric in the shroud.

:)

One thing to consider if you have room in your budget is a DeWitt's Aluminum Radiator. It is a direct fit (no fabrication) and they have an optional electric fan setup. I'm pretty sure it eliminates the stock fan+clutch and it will definitely keep your car cool.

I drove across Texas in July with the AC on and my temp never went above 210. And I am just using the stock '82 setup + the DeWitt's.

Good Luck!

I have a 1990 vette dual fan setup in my 82. It's radiator is a single core aluminum one with plastic tanks but I forget what I got it from. Might have come from a GM truck or van can't remember. Anyways works really nice you have to trim the vettes fan shroud quite a bit, I have mine running thermostatically at the same time only downside is they are pretty noisy running together but hey they cool the engine without a problem.

I'd be interested to know where the radiator came from if you can think of it please post it.
tom

If you're interested in a single core radiator that will fit in a corvette, i have my old one sitting in the garage. Yours if you want it.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom